Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Messenger is no longer able to access media

(Topic created on: 29-11-2021 11:19 AM)
maverick_nj
First Poster
Options

My S21 Ultra received an Android 12 update today and installed it with excitement, only to feel disappointed later. I use Dual Messenger for WhatsApp - the primary one works just fine, but the secondary one, is unable to send media. I have checked all permissions, they are all enabled. The media, however, is visible when I am trying to send something from the app.

The exact error message: "Sorry, this media file doesn't exist on your internal storage."

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

22 REPLIES 22
Willyan Aleksander
Journeyman
Options

I really can't believe what is happening, where are the Samsung developers? Omg, my second WhatsApp isn't working anymore after the update, it says that my dual storage has 2gb used, but all the folders appear empty, WhatsApp can't access any file or record messages, if I go to my backup on google drive it icon is with a "!".

Probably we will all lose our backups, we need to prosecute Samsung for this, they are breaking the GDPR rules 

SherVK
Student
Options
Exactly the same issue. Do developers test release of update or not! I am really dissapointed. We pay huge amount for these devices and deserve respect. They must resolve it ASAP.
RajeevSaraiya
Apprentice
Options

I am also having exactly the same issue post android 12 upsate and when I tried to reach out to samsung support they have no resolution to it .

moamin
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problems. Developers please can you fix this urgently !!!

0 Likes
Fardan
Student
Options

I managed to fix the issue by manually copying the media folder to the new location.

I used a PC to do the following steps, but I think can you do it from the phone directly.

Step 1 (Very Important):

Rename the folder "com.whatsapp" to "com.whatsapp.backup" or any name.
that are located in
This PC\Your's S21 Ultra\Internal storage (Dual Messenger)\Android\media

Note: if you don't rename or delete this folder. you will not able to overwrite or write anything inside the orginal com.whatsapp.backup

Step 2: Copy the folder "com.whatsapp"

From this location:

This PC\Your's S21 Ultra\Internal storage\DualApp\Android\media\com.whatsapp

To this location:
This PC\Your's S21 Ultra\Internal storage (Dual Messenger)\Android\media

After this your 2nd WhatsApp should abe to access media without any problem

HunkyDory
First Poster
Options

Same message if we want to send a file. "Sorry, this media file doesn't exist on your internal storage." Seems as if the Dual WhatsApp can't use the permissions for accessing storage it's got granted.

All previous media files or documents that have previously been sent are also not available! 

0 Likes
HunkyDory
First Poster
Options

Can you clarify a bit?

You say to rename a folder that then must be copied to the same directory but with the old name? I would love to try your solution but there's too much of the same folder names to understand the changes suggested. Thx! 

0 Likes
Fardan
Student
Options

After the update, you will notice that there is now two storage [Internal storage] and [Internal storage (Dual Messenger)].

See the screenshot below:

S001.jpg

Go to "Internal storage (Dual Messenger)" and browse the folder Android\media (See screenshot below):

S002.jpg

Rename the folder "com.whatsapp" to "com.whatsapp.backup" or any name you like.

Finally. Go to "Internal storage" browse the folder Android\media and copy the folder "com.whatsapp"

to Android\media under "Internal storage (Dual Messenger)"

S003.jpg

After you finish with the copying .. your WhatsApp should able to access media files without a problem

HunkyDory
First Poster
Options

Excellent! Totally clear now and it worked. Much appreciated! 

0 Likes