Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

DUAL APP CRASHED - DO NOT UPDATE TO ANDROID 12 - S21 ULTRA

(Topic created on: 29-11-2021 01:17 PM)
Willyan Aleksander
Journeyman
Options

This was the worst thing I've ever done with my S21 Ultra. This is a lack of respect with us, this update isn't a beta test, is official, but is a ****, my phone is considerable bad. Clicked links in Instagram do not open and now I realised that this update broke the dual app, my WhatsApp can not access files, so it does not work, my backup is ruined.

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR S21 ULTRA! 

I want answers from Samsung!!

Screenshot_20211129-143037_My Files.jpg

Screenshot_20211129-143056_My Files.jpg

Screenshot_20211129-173355_My Files.jpg

Go to solution
12 REPLIES 12
Solution
Willyan Aleksander
Journeyman
Options

So, I found how to manage it. What happened with the upgrade is that it messed with the file system, if you open the "My Files" now you have "Internal Storage" and "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger)".

What the update did was copy the dual message file structure, but without the files (but it stills consume storage because here it said 2Gb used and inside everything empty).

To solve the problem you need do:

1. Go to "Internal Storage (Dual messager)", folder Android/media and rename the com.WhatsApp folder to whatever you want (you can't delete it, unfortunately)
  2. go to "Internal Storage", find the "DualApp" folder, copy the Android/media/com.whatsapp and paste it to the respective folder inside the "Internal Storage (Dual messager)" and boom, your second WhatsApp is back to normal, can read and write on your dawn folder.

This is for sure a lack of attention and tests of Samsung when they updated the android 11 to 12. I still need to figure out how to release that missing 2 Gb, but I'll probably roll back to android 11 because I can't run my DJI Fly app as well. Android 12 isn't a good option to update.

igorsm
Student
Options

You are the man!

But indeed, it wont pull the older files even after copying the entire folder

0 Likes
Ayesha92x
First Poster
Options
I tried this and it doesn't work it says can't copy all the files or something
0 Likes