Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

DUAL APP CRASHED - DO NOT UPDATE TO ANDROID 12 - S21 ULTRA

(Topic created on: 29-11-2021 05:53 PM)
Willyan Aleksander
Journeyman
Options

This was the worst thing I've ever done with my S21 Ultra. This is a lack of respect with us, this update isn't a beta test, is official, but is a ****, my phone is considerable bad. Clicked links in Instagram do not open and now I realised that this update broke the dual app, my WhatsApp can not access files, so it does not work, my backup is ruined.

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR S21 ULTRA! 

I want answers from Samsung!!

Screenshot_20211129-143037_My Files.jpg

Screenshot_20211129-143056_My Files.jpg

Screenshot_20211129-173355_My Files.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I updated mine to 12 a few weeks ago and it runs smooth as silk. Don't know what everyone's complaining about. 🙂
0 Likes
Willyan Aleksander
Journeyman
Options

Lucky you, in our case something happened with the dual messaging file directory, nothing that was there before the update is accessible anymore, so WhatsApp can't run, can't record new messages, play old. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
You have to remember that android 12 is privacy driven, so a lot of your apps will need the permissions to be reviewed first. Then go to samsung store and check updates. Same on the Google play store. The phone needs to learn the usage patterns which can take a few days. And samsung is doing the monthly operating system updates monthly now as well. So any problems won't last long. This is samsung we're talking about 🙂 👍
0 Likes
Willyan Aleksander
Journeyman
Options

I know, I checked the permissions, I even tried to remove and allow everything again, but is something in the file system only for the dual messaging folder for before update files. The only dual that I was using is WhatsApp, I don't know if something similar happened for Facebook or Messenger 

I saw many people complaining the same about WhatsApp 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Whatsapp is having issues with 12. Not sure whether it's a privacy thing or not, but it will get sorted soon. Mine works fine. Only issue i have is sharing videos on WhatsApp, i get a red bar down the left hand side. Samsung were still beta testing 12 only 3 weeks ago. So there will be lots of bugs to squash. Thankfully they do the monthly updates so it shouldn't take long. Just the other app providers have to keep up. 😉
0 Likes
Case1188
Voyager
Options
Well I updated my s21 ultra and to be honest I have no issues whatsoever, fantastic update, shout out to samsung.
RajeevSaraiya
Apprentice
Options

I am facing the same issue. Thought it is fully baked release but it was not. Totally upset about it and even samsung support has no answer or solution in hand .

0 Likes
igorsm
Student
Options

Same problem here 😞

Also Viber is very unstable. Will run 1 time out of 20 launches.

The only thing that works well is Telegram.

Just installed the fresh update from Samsung but it didnt help  😞

G998BXXU3BUKG

0 Likes
RajeevSaraiya
Apprentice
Options
Exactly same issue, totally fed up as there is not support either from Samsung nor from WhatsApp
0 Likes