Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat features removed in latest version of Samsung messages?

(Topic created on: 18-01-2023 01:28 AM)
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Just read someone's post about chat features not working in Samsung messages. A moderator put this at the end of the reply. 
In regard to the chat features this has been removed on the latest versions of the Samsung Messages app. In order to use this you will need to use Google Messages.
Mine is still working at the moment. Not too happy about it if it's true. I prefer Samsung messages and use chat feature's.😔 Really hope it's false info. Anyone else heard they were doing away with chat in Samsung messages. 
49 REPLIES 49
Please_help_ll
Explorer
Options

Hi,

did it reset it self my using google messages for a week?

and

is rcs is working on samsung messages now?

thank u for your help

LL

0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

Hi yeah it must have done i was using google for about 2 weeks then checked samsung messages and got this message

After about 48-72 hours of getting disconnected from the RCS Chat, you will be prompted to accept new Ts & Cs from Google to continue to use RCS. Accepting the Terms and conditions registers you with a Google RCS platform (Messages by Google)

and after that it was all working on samsung messages again but the rich communication button has completey gone of the phone

S24 ultra 512gb-q95t tv- Galaxy watch 46mm
0 Likes
Candy311
First Poster
Options
Totally gutted spent 2 months getting used to Google message just to use RCS and now it's gone after the latest update to android and don't get me started on WiFi dropping out constantly since the update too, why I updated I'll never know total crapfest
0 Likes
jzg
Student
Options
Why have i just received this message?1700764600602_1700764600587_0.jpg
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Seems that samsung messages rcs will no longer be supported. To use rcs chat features you will need to download Google messages. I wonder if all networks will do the same. Shame if it's the case, I do prefer Samsung messages. I'm with EE and haven't had any notification yet that they are not supporting.
Sonyasharpe
First Poster
Options

I do believe this is true, I updated my phone the other day and couldn't find the chat feature anywhere, so I got on here to figure out how to find it and found out that, sadly, its no longer an option. My suggestion would be if you enjoy the chat feature not to update your phone... Really bummed about this, also not sure if the feature that allowed you to categorize your  text messages was a part of the chat feature or not, but i cant seem to figure out how to do it again. 😕

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I guess now I'm just waiting for EE to do the same. As for categorise, is it no longer showing in messages settings?
1707640200043.jpg
0 Likes
Please_help_ll
Explorer
Options

what is EE?

0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
EE is one of the network providers in the UK.
0 Likes
Please_help_ll
Explorer
Options

oh ok...thank u!