Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat features removed in latest version of Samsung messages?

(Topic created on: 18-01-2023 01:28 AM)
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Just read someone's post about chat features not working in Samsung messages. A moderator put this at the end of the reply. 
In regard to the chat features this has been removed on the latest versions of the Samsung Messages app. In order to use this you will need to use Google Messages.
Mine is still working at the moment. Not too happy about it if it's true. I prefer Samsung messages and use chat feature's.😔 Really hope it's false info. Anyone else heard they were doing away with chat in Samsung messages. 
49 REPLIES 49
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

i was using google messages for about 2 weeks because someone said i should have turned the chat off on my old phone before taking the sim out ..before this i had rcs on my phone but samsung chat would not work ...so after 2/3 weeks on google messages i went back to samsung messages and rcs had gone from the setting but for some unknown reason the samsung chat is working fine with delivered and read next to the blue chat bubble

S24 ultra 512gb-q95t tv- Galaxy watch 46mm
0 Likes
Please_help_ll
Explorer
Options

this is sooooo crazy....samsung tech support is useless when calling them.  do u think i should use google messages for 2 weeks then go back to samsung and it could work?  is that what u are recommending? thanks

steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

it seems it worked for me it was people on here that recommended i did it ..im not a fan of google messages but stuck it out for the 2 weeks ..so its worth a try

0 Likes
Please_help_ll
Explorer
Options

yeh i dont like it either...i will try it out...thanks!  wish me luck!!

have a great day

steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

good luck mate hope it works for you

0 Likes
Bob astbury
First Poster
Options

It's defo true my chat feature has disappeared and the rich communication it want let me switch it on i wish i dint update my phone now because i used to use all time I'm hoping the next version it's back on cos 

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Are you with Vodafone network? They have stopped support at the moment. More details in link.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sammyfans.com/2023/03/28/vodafone-uk-rcs-chat-shut-down-samsung-goo...
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

im on vodafone and its now working even tho the rich communication setting is no longer there i stopped using Samsung chat messages  for about 2 weeks i used google messages affter 2 weeks went back to samsung messages something popped up im sure it said do you want to register for google i clicked yes and its been working ever since my phone is fully upto date SmartSelect_20230412_200416_Messages.jpg

steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

this is what must have popped up on mine iv just read the link you posted

After about 48-72 hours of getting disconnected from the RCS Chat, you will be prompted to accept new Ts & Cs from Google to continue to use RCS. Accepting the Terms and conditions registers you with a Google RCS platform (Messages by Google)

steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

im not 100% sure i was having prblems with it since i got the s23 ultra and a couple of people said stop using samsung messages for a week well it resets at googles end thats why i was on google messages i didnt know i should have turned the chat off on my old phone first