Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone recommend a good app lock

(Topic created on: 15-05-2022 03:01 PM)
MummaB
Apprentice
Options
Anyone know of a good app/file lock that doesn't chomp through your battery usage or keep crashing?
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
efx
Pathfinder
Options
I use BitDefender, works for me.
0 Likes
Faluck9
Journeyman
Options
I use samsungs secure folder, its propriety and works pretty well for images, videos, documents, audio but not sure about individual apps
AndrewL
Options

@MummaB: Secure Folder is the perfect place to store photos, videos, files, apps and data that you want to keep private. If you'd like to find out more, then please check out the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-the-secure-folder-and-how-do-i-use-it/

0 Likes
MummaB
Apprentice
Options
I've looked at this before but I don't want to have to move everything into it, I just want an app lock that will stop the kids from opening certain apps when they're playing on my phone (socials, emails, certain games etc).
Have used Kaspersky in the past for eg. This was perfect but kept crashing after a while and delayed password requests. *Also Russian 🤨
0 Likes
MummaB
Apprentice
Options
Thanks looks good!
0 Likes
Christoff73
Pioneer
Options

MummaB as mentioned in some of the earlier replies, I use Samsung Secure Folder, but have looked at some of the app locks in the linked article below, article is roughly a year old but the apps noted in it should be available to try.

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-applocks-privacy-lock-apps-android-750699/

AndrewL
Options

@MummaB: I understand. In this instance I'd recommend moving any apps that you don't want your kids to access into the Secure Folder. You might also wish to check out Settings > Digital Wellbeing and parental controls > Parental controls, to add further restrictions. I hope this helps.