Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera App Galaxy Note 10+ - How do I stop it closing after 2 minutes?

(Topic created on: 08-07-2022 06:15 PM)
KevMc
First Poster
Options

Okay, after having a very painful 30+ minutes with Technical Support who keep wanting me to Master Reset my phone... I run the standard camera app on my Galaxy Note 10+, but after 2 minutes of being idle, it shuts down back to the phone screen.

This is very awkward then to use it semi-professionally, as by the time I move my models or adjust the scene I am taking a photo of (which can take 2 minutes or more), the phone app has shut down.

Does anyone have any idea how to get round this, or even a better camera app?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@KevMc: This isn't a bug, but rather a power saving feature. If you tap the Recents button in your Navigation Bar (3 vertical lines) then the Camera app will still be open, and accessible by tapping on the preview window. 

0 Likes
KevMc
First Poster
Options
Thanks for taking the time to reply Andrew, appreciated....

I get what you're saying, but or me I see that as little different from a power saving feature of being able to adjust the brightness... except that can be manually adjusted. Some other apps allow you to override the screen shutting off too, such as fitness timers, so I think it a little shortsighted to not have the option to be able to delay or override the shutdown of a camera, especially when doing something like stop motion animation, which is an art that means touching the phone is absolutely not desired to reactivate the camera (I use a bluetooth button to trigger the camera)

But hey-ho, I shall try a few different camera apps I guess or fall back to the iPhone... not what I wanted, but maybe the only solution....

Thanks again :smiling-face:
0 Likes