Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar events and Reminders overlap fingerprint sensor

(Topic created on: 11-12-2021 08:32 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Right now I don't want people to read my messages while phone is locked, so I enable Hide Notification Content in lock screen settings. But if I get a reminder or calendar event, its contents are also hidden. I think in previous phones where the fingerprint sensor was a separate thing, tapping on the sensor  would show the content of the notification if it detected the right fingerprint, so I got privacy and convenience, but on my A52s, the sensor is overlapped with the Dismiss and Snooze buttons of the event/reminder. 

I don't want to disable Hide Notification Content, and I still want reminders to be private when the setting is switched on, but I also want to be able to see them when I want to, without having to unlock the phone and check notifications.

Would it be possible to find a way not to obstruct the fingerprint reader so I can see reminders' and events' contents? 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

You could try just making it so that your message notifications are less detailed @Anonymous User. You can do this by going to Settings > Notifications > Brief. 

If you do this and then disable hidden notification content you should receive messages with less detail and still see your calendar notifications.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
This only makes popups less visible. You can still get my phone while I'm away and tap on the notifications to read them in full.
0 Likes
Bloodierrain
Pioneer
Options
There is an option somewhere in settings where you can turn the pic of the fingerprint sensor off and if you are good at knowing where it is then you are good to go it's in settings/display then scroll to the bottom I'm sure I seen it listed in the help list you get at the bottom with suggestions try there
0 Likes