Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Battery draining very fast after UI update on 26th January 2024

(Topic created on: 22-02-2024 04:59 PM)
Nitesh1
Student
Options

Samsung mobile phone battery is draining very fast after the UI update of 26th January. This is pathetic. From last two days, when I go to sleep I have around 50% battery and when I wake up my mobile is switched off due to low battery. 

Kindly resolve this pathetic issue soon else I need to switch to iphone in next 2 days.

Samsung sucks. 

I need to restore my software to the older version immediately. 

39 REPLIES 39
Alex-BY
Apprentice
Options

A71, it started 2 days ago, seems like update was applied recently
almost every minute the battery losts 1%, no way to use it without constant charging and short timeframes to go with phone without charging ...

as I noticed, there is normal battery use if I restart it without unlocking (it's connected to cell operators - I can answer the call)

but if I unlock it, the battery is to be drained very fast
"flight mode" do not stop fast draining and heating the top part of the phone (close to the set of cameras)

p.s. the phone is 4 years old and the battery had been working every day for 16-20 hours without changing ... and today I started looking for new phone ...

Alex-BY
Apprentice
Options

Measured today the draining of the battery

1 hour - 20% was off

so in average every 3 minutes the battery loses 1 %

Actually the phone turned into original its name: answering the calls only (in case I do not make 1st un-lock after restart).

in this mode (unlocked after reboot) it doesn't lose any % within 4 hours after restart.

But no way to read sms received and call anybody (no saying about all the rest of the smartphone)

I tried to analyze who is responsible for draining the battery. While the phone lost 20% of its energy the battery monitor stated 6% were taken by Google Play Store and 5% by Google Play Services ... didn't find the rest 9% who is responsible for.
reverting Play Services to factory version and update with clearing all cache didn't resolve the issue (heating and loosing the power very fast).  

Artiomnov
First Poster
Options

Hello all, 

Same here, s23 +. The phone is new, I was bragging like crazy about the battery, I could go for 2 days with a decent load, now I don't even make it one day.

Will try the "wipe clean cache" solution. But what does samsung has to say? Since then there was one update recently and nothing have changed.

0 Likes
LabMonkey
Apprentice
Options

I'm hearing that the Samsung keyboard is the culprit. It drains the battery apparently.  I used to get 2 days out of my battery.  Galaxy sent updates this week, now my battery won't last a day!!

0 Likes
HenryB123
First Poster
Options
Hey, still experiencing this with my S20 - has there been a definitive solution?
0 Likes
Twiztedclown
First Poster
Options

I have S23 Ultra and literally before this update could have youtube open running 720p from 8AM to 8PM and just hit the 12% im lucky if by noon im not at a 15% warning now. Don't try the whole app usage this is clearly a software scam or error placed by samsung in a forced update and yes it does become a forced update these days.

0 Likes
Twiztedclown
First Poster
Options

can you use some level of educated terms that would explain how this has any impact on your phone battery dropping to 0 at 98% time ratio after one single update but no issues over the montly releases for the past year and half? id find that extremely useful to have justification for what sounds like nonsense.

0 Likes
LabMonkey
Apprentice
Options

Not to my knowledge unfortunately. 

0 Likes
Marco_D
Apprentice
Options
Same, S20 from 85% to 25% in less than 4 hrs. Since update
0 Likes
inetbas
Journeyman
Options

I also have a A71 working fine and could always survive the day easy with a full battery. Since about 1 march 2024 the battery drains from full to empty in less  then about  4 hours. Example I left the phone at 90% for the night and I found it empty in the early morning. This never happened before.  Also the phone feels warmer than before.  Like something or some app is draining the battery very fast.  Looking at top apps and their shown battery usage nothing unusual is shown.

I was already looking to replace my A71 this year for maybe a A55. But not like to be forced to do so in this way.

I trust this is still an unintentional software bug and Samsung doesn’t play the same game that another big brand  does by artificially aging a device.  Because  playing fair at the end gives you loyal customers.

0 Likes