Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android 13 update

(Topic created on: 28-12-2022 10:33 AM)
kada0797
Apprentice
Options

Hello everyone. I have s21 ultra 5g (sm-g998b) i think made in argentine , but I am currently in algeria (my country). I'm not getting any update of android 13. Last updated was in October  first 2022 . What can be the problem in your opinion? 

thank you.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@kada0797: If you're outside the region that the device was intended to be used in, then this can lead to compatibility issues with updates, due to software variances that exist in our devices from country to country. If you're unable to update your S21 Ultra via Settings > Software update > Download and install, then you may wish to try Smart Switch on a PC or Mac to see if this helps. 

To begin with, please follow the link below, and click on 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' to download the relevant version

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your S21 Ultra using the USB cable that came packaged with the device, and look for an update prompt on the landing page, next to your device details.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @kada0797 

Could you confirm where you actually purchased your Galaxy S21 Ultra?

kada0797
Apprentice
Options

HI @ChrisM 

i bought my s21 ultra from DUBAI . and its a used one  

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@kada0797: If you're outside the region that the device was intended to be used in, then this can lead to compatibility issues with updates, due to software variances that exist in our devices from country to country. If you're unable to update your S21 Ultra via Settings > Software update > Download and install, then you may wish to try Smart Switch on a PC or Mac to see if this helps. 

To begin with, please follow the link below, and click on 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' to download the relevant version

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your S21 Ultra using the USB cable that came packaged with the device, and look for an update prompt on the landing page, next to your device details.

kada0797
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL: thank you so much that was hulpful.

but i have another s21 ultra. i purchase it from argantina last year and still didnt get the latest android 13 update SM-G998B. 

can you please help me with this one?

0 Likes