Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally merged two wrong people in samsung gallery

(Topic created on: 12-05-2024 09:59 PM)
Members_UMnicbK
First Poster
Options

I was putting the contacts to people from my gallery and I accidentally merged two wrong people as one. Now they appear as one and it won't let me un merge them 

It's worth mentioning that, as far as I know, you can't manually tag people in photos. You can only id them as the faces  tagged by the Ai

Any solutions?

#samsunggallery

#gallery #photos

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Robin999
Maestro
Options
It would help ALOT if you'd give us a step by step process for how you merged them in the first place. It's not something I've done before, hence the confusion. If you tell us how you did it, we could try and replicate it and maybe find a solution to reverse it.
0 Likes
Members_UMnicbK
First Poster
Options

I had discovered the people feature in the search tab and i decided to take the time and add the names to the faces

. As a couple of faces were actually just one person which the Ai tagged as different people, I decided to merge and correct it.

1000041363.jpg

for example here the two red ones might be the same person from different angles or years so the Ai thinks they are two different people. 

When I went to merge one contact with its duplicate, I simply clicked on the wrong person(a red with blue instead of red with red for. Example ) and confirmed without realizing 

0 Likes
Nars
First Poster
Options

Apparently enabling gallery labs by tapping several times on galaxy version number in about gallery worked.

After enabling galaxy labs, open galaxy labs, scroll down to the option called clear person information 

You will lose all customization and the person data reverts to state zero.

1000082407.jpg

I know the panic of accidentally merging different faces. Created an account to reply here and help.

TC Squared
First Poster
Options

You do have the option to "Remove from results" but when you do this you can't tag it back to the person it was before... or at least I haven't found a way to manually tag people yet.

0 Likes