Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 text message issues

(Topic created on: 03-04-2021 02:14 PM)
Banno
First Poster
Options
Out of the blue my A70 is not providing any notifications when text messages are received. I've followed various help features to check my settings and all appear fine - but still no notifications. Any suggestions?
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Banno 

Is the software on your phone up to date? Go to Settings > Software update > Download and install. Also, let's try a soft reset on the phone. This will end all processes and give the phone a fresh start. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time until the phone switches off and back on again.

Let us know how you get on!

0 Likes
Banno
First Poster
Options
Hi Chris M.
I've checked the software, which is up to date.
I completed a soft reset - problem still exists.
Strangely - on the messages settings>notifications, the show notifications button is switched to the right hand side as if it is correct, but it is not highlighted like the others below and I could not change the setting- ie I cannot slide it to the left even if I wanted to.
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Do you have the 'Do not disturb' feature switched on? Pull down the Quick panel menu from the top of your phone to see if this is active.

0 Likes
Banno
First Poster
Options
Hi Chris.
No. This is not on / active
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Banno: If you head to Settings > Apps > Messages > Show Notifications > On, and check your options in General Notifications and New Messages, is it set to 'Alert' and 'Show As Pop-up', with a Sound assigned? 

0 Likes
Banno
First Poster
Options
Hi Andrew L
Had already played around with that a couple of days back and it was set as you suggested.
I can now update you all with a success story from this morning, courtesy of the wife.
"Why don't you try clearing your old messages" she said. I did as I was told - it's usually best to do that. Shivk of all shocks - it worked and messages are now coming through with the appropriate notification. No idea why this would be the solution.
Thank you both for taking the time to infer your solutions. Much appreciated
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Banno: It's great to hear that you were able to resolve your issue. The Messages app does have a limit to how many messages it can store at one time, therefore please follow the steps below to automatically delete old messages to make room for new ones. 

Open the Messages app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > More Settings > Delete Old Messages > Toggle this option on. 

0 Likes