Original topic:

WW80J5456FX ecobubble makes banging noise

(Topic created on: 18-03-2021 02:24 PM)
londonguy21
First Poster
Options
Home Appliances

Hi,

We've had our ecobubble a few years now and we've noticed that the washing machine is causing a banging noise in our internal piping when the washing machine is being drained. It's like there's a valve or pressure issue from the washing machine when the machine is draining. Clothes coming out clean, everything else fine, but when the machine is draining before the spin cycle, the draining of the water causing a loud banging noise in the pipes in the house.

Does this happen to anyone else? I think it's a fault with the machine but samsung told me earlier it's likely a problem with internal piping.  As they're not sure it's a washing machine fault, they've said there would be a charge if it's found the fault is not with the washing machine. That charge is putting us off agreeing to have an engineer sent out.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
IamJai
Helping Hand
Options
Home Appliances
Can you put some water in there maybe a litre and put it on a spin cycle and record the whole cycle because it might be the anti suds pump kicking in as well normally they bang or make a specific noise
0 Likes
londonguy21
First Poster
Options
Home Appliances

Quick update to the topic. Samsung engineer said the valve and washing machine are fine. The issue seems to be with water-hammer. We're in the process of trying a water arrestor in various positions in our system. The water arrestor at the mid point in the system by boiler didn't resolve the problem, so we'll be trying it at the washing machine entry point. Hopefully that'll resolve the issue! Not had issue with water hammer with my old washing machine (non-samsung), so it's a real pain that we need to buy and install a special device because the samsung machine has an inherent design flaw!

0 Likes