Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ecobubble WW5500 - Drum knocking/banging - 2 weeks old

(Topic created on: 12-01-2021 04:48 PM)
eniorodriig
Apprentice
Options
Hi there,

I've purchased the WW5500 Ecobubble about two weeks a go. Literally a few days later, i would say 3 to 4 days, I've noticed that the drum was moving and shaking a lot more than I've seen before. Some squeaky rubber noise can be heard once it starts getting up to speed. My primary worry is the banging it does once the drums starts speeding up, this happens probably 4 or 5 times during a normal one to two hour cycle, the drum shakes violently and makes the whole washing machine move side to side. The washer is flat and also leveled, I've checked using tools and made the sure that it doesn't move at all. It's definitely flat to the ground, no worries there! I've also tried calibrating twice but still have the issue. Whenever there is no load the machine is fine but once it has load, it shakes violently once the drum starts spinning up. The machine is also never overloaded.
I've recorded a video and hopefully someone could have a look, in the video i have the hygiene cycle, 1 bedsheet and 3 pillow cases.

Im starting to wonder if perhaps there is something wrong as the machine is only two weeks old. Would appreciate some help.

P.s : in the video, the heater next to the machine has been cut off and doesn't heat up, also there is a hands length between it and the machine.

I've also uploaded them ro youtube shall there be issues watching them in the forums.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
IamJai
Helping Hand
Options
Mine does this but it's a digital inverter it's the 2020 new washer without q drive or addwash I've lost the manual and the sticker of the drum door because it was taken off by the delivery person who installed it
0 Likes
IamJai
Helping Hand
Options
Mine does this too!
0 Likes
PaulyWauly36
Pathfinder
Options
have you took the transit bolts out??
0 Likes
eniorodriig
Apprentice
Options
Yep, all of them have been taken out
Ecowash5
First Poster
Options

Hi @eniorodriig I have the exact same banging issue regardless of load or setting but a different model to you, it bangs on the build up to spin mid wash. I have followed the load instructions to the letter so as to ensure maximum life of the machine. The problem started within the first 2 weeks like you say, purchased June 2021. I have a friend with the same machine who do not have the problem so I believe it to be a fault. I have an engineer coming out tomorrow to look at it to authorise the fault. Disappointed that the retailer have pushed me straight on to manufacturer which is not in line with consumer rights act 2015. It has since developed another fault which I have seen in other threads of it overheating and not tripping the fuse. 

Did your issue get resolved?

0 Likes
AnnieOH
First Poster
Options
I have this same issue, started a couple of weeks after I got it. Didn't do it initially. Seems to be the first few spins at the start of the spin phase.

Has anyone found a resolution yet or heard from Samsung?

Thanks
0 Likes
eniorodriig
Apprentice
Options
Did the engineer say what was causing it?
0 Likes
Ecowash5
First Poster
Options

That’s the same as mine. I have the model WW70TA046TE/EU 7 kg. 
The engineer authorised the fault for a full refund with the retailer (a Samsung policy to do it this way) as it was within first 28 days. 
It was suggested the noise was to do with the size of the drum inside the machine and there not being much space for movement causing pressure on the door at rinse and spin but unique to that particular model. The door rattles because of the design of the door clasp. I’d be interested to hear the outcome of others with a similar problem. It sounds like slightly different models, it turns out my friends model is slightly different, I thought it didn’t matter so long as they were of the same range/series.

0 Likes
azakharenko
First Poster
Options

Hey, I have the same issue with WW5500 😞 Any news about it?

0 Likes