Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fridge Freezer RS68N8230B1 Ice Dispenser,

(Topic created on: 17-03-2021 07:38 PM)
Tivvy
First Poster
Options

I purchased this model to replace a similar LG fridge/freezer as part of a new kitchen refit, 

Whilst the Samsung model is fine and all seems to work as expected, the ice dispenser frequently jams up. 

Inside the ice bucket is a lever that will move to distribute either cubed or crushed ice. There seems to be a build up of frost around the lever (and other parts of the ice bucket) which results in the ice dispenser freezing up/jamming. 

The only solutions seems to be to empty the ice bucket, clean away the build up of frost and start again. 

Not is tiresome but three times a week cannot be right? 

Any suggestions/solutions please? 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
milk2sugarsplz
Explorer
Options
I think this is a design fault with this particular model. I repair kitchen appliances and see this alot with these. Might be worth only using cubes instead of crushed ice to limit the small crushed bits from clumping together. Also try not leaving the freezer door open for too long, otherwise the ice in the bucket will start to melt and stick together.
0 Likes
Joseph36
Apprentice
Options

My rs68n8230b1 is not making ice. I've emptied the ice bucket, tested and reset the ice maker, during which the ice tray rotates and tips ice into ice bucket. After resetting, water flows into the ice maker tray, but the tray is not emptied into the ice bucket after the ice is ready. 

AndrewL
Options

@Tivvy: Please can you check the temperature of the refrigerator, and make sure that it is set to 3 degrees Celcius? Furthermore, make sure that the door is closing properly, and there is no damage to door's seal. I also recommend checking the shelves to ensure that they are installed correctly, and are not preventing the door from closing. If this isn't applicable, please can you confirm where the refrigerator is located, and if the ambient room temperature is between 10-38 Celcius? Also, is it situated near a radiator, in direct sunlight, or with its back next to a wall? 

Joseph36
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL thanks for this. Ice maker is now working as normal again!!

LindaMcJ
Apprentice
Options

I have the exact same problem. Have reset the ice maker and it all works fine and tips the ice out no problem, but it will not do this independently.

0 Likes
Joseph36
Apprentice
Options

I got the following solution to the problem elsewhere(?)

Empty the top shelf of the freezer completely. Reset the ice maker. Close the freezer door. Wait 24 hours and ice production should have returned to normal. Return products to top shelf of freezer.

LindaMcJ
Apprentice
Options

Thanks so much I’ll give this a try today! 

0 Likes
LindaMcJ
Apprentice
Options

This worked a treat! Thank you! 

0 Likes
Joseph36
Apprentice
Options

Great, glad you got sorted!!!

0 Likes