Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does setting 'HARD WATER' in Samsung washing machine setting actually do?

(Topic created on: 23-05-2022 06:04 PM)
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

Hello - on Samsung WW90T534w washing machine in the settings there is a setting for the water in our area 'Soft' 'Medium' or 'Hard' - we seem to suffer limescale on the taps and kettle so I have set this to 'hard' but what does it actually do though? 

Does it tell the washing machine to use more liquid detergent than normal
(this is a auto-dose model washing machine by the way this model) - or does it work some kind of water softener circuit in the washing machine? (but how could it do that without salt to soften the water?)  - or what does it actually do when you select 'HARD' in the water softener menu of  washing machine? 
Any ideas?
Thanks.

#WW90T534DAW #WashingMachine

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
englishsean
Navigator
Options
All I no about water n that is u get soft n hard 🤣🤣 .awesome no sense I'm in Scotland n they say I've got soft water makes me laff evretime
0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

haha - yeah you with your soft water in bonnie Scotland means your bar of soap bubbles and froths up nice and gives you nice smooth skin , and also you can use less washing powder in your machines up there and hardly ever have to de-scale the kettle.

0 Likes
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
I suspect it alters the cycle of the machine to give your clothes a better wash if used in hard water area's, probably more detergent to account for this.
englishsean
Navigator
Options
I couldn't tell u mate I've not got a scoobie when lived in Birmingham I couldn't tel the difference Iver water is water mate we all wash in it n drink it so doesn't make a difference