Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washing Machine door bangs when spin starts

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Fearny1
Journeyman
Options

Samsung WW90T534DAN Washing Machine

I’ve had this machine for a couple of weeks but noticed that when it starts spinning at low RPM the whole front and door moves in and out. The drum looks like it’s off angle until the speed builds up then it settles. 
I thought it might need re levelling but it all seems ok and it does not rock on its feet. 
Any ideas?

31 REPLIES 31
Cristi A
Student
Options

I have contacted Samsung and had their repair man come out four times to my house. They’ve replaced weights inside and the entire door. 
I think the washer is bad design! I have the store manager of Lowe’s, trying to force a buyback because the repair company said they’re not allowed to render it unrepairable. Which would force them to buy it back, but they would lose their contract with Samsung.

Dennis55M
Explorer
Options

That is crazy.

The door on mine looks like it's about to pop out and even makes some breathing like noises when the machine starts spinning sometimes.

I have the add wash version which probably has a worse seal I think.

If the problem cannot be fixed, I'll ask the store for a return as I thankfully ordered extended warranty that should cover cases like this.

May go with Haier then.

Mellyjt
First Poster
Options

I brought a Samsung 9kg washing machine last month have been pulling it out thinking it's not level, had it level 100% in middle of the room and it was shaking all over the place my door looks like its going to pop open when it starts to spin! Once it gets going all is okay. I have now contacted Samsung waiting to hear back my old washing machine lasted 9 years also Samsung didn't have all this with last one it has put me off ever buying another!

MonkeyMagik
Explorer
Options

My new Samsung does exactly the same. Purchased in December 2023 to replace a faultless Samsung that i had for 8 years. Had one call out where they changed the rear shock absorbers but makes no difference. I can literally see the door being pushed on when just starting to spin. At full spin it’s fine. It does this whatever the load. If it’s a bad design then not impressed. Anyone managed to resolve this yet ?

MonkeyMagik
Explorer
Options

My model is WW90TA046AH

0 Likes
MonkeyMagik
Explorer
Options

Heard anything back from Samsung?

0 Likes
Dennis55M
Explorer
Options

I had various Samsung technicians coming over just to tell me that the banging, (lock) clocking and door moving out is perfectly normal. 🥴

I really hope the store takes this abomination of a washer back.

Dennis55M
Explorer
Options

I also measured up to 80 decibels while spinning, machine is rated at 72 decibels.

My parents Haier is measuring up to 70 and it's rated 71 decibels. Ridiculously quiet machine in comparison.

MonkeyMagik
Explorer
Options

Just for info and after reading this thread, I’ve emailed the Samsung CEO so will hopefully get a response in the next 24 hours. If not satisfactory then I will try the Section 75 route in my credit card and see if that works. I bought the washer from Marks Electrical but they just refer me to Samsung. I’ll update if I make any progress. Not putting up with this. 

Dennis55M
Explorer
Options

I think that this is a general issue with every single recent Samsung washing machine. Maybe time for a class action lawsuit?

0 Likes