Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washing Machine door bangs when spin starts

(Topic created on: 16-12-2023 12:00 PM)
Fearny1
Journeyman
Options

Samsung WW90T534DAN Washing Machine

I’ve had this machine for a couple of weeks but noticed that when it starts spinning at low RPM the whole front and door moves in and out. The drum looks like it’s off angle until the speed builds up then it settles. 
I thought it might need re levelling but it all seems ok and it does not rock on its feet. 
Any ideas?

40 REPLIES 40
JaiLB
First Poster
Options

Yep, This is happening with our machine too! Door moves in and out at the slower speeds with a loud noise. Also noticed water dripping out (probably when the door moves outwards) seems like the drum doesn't spin evenly (no matter what load is inside). Been happening from day one! Glad I'm not the only one, thought I was going mad. It does also seem to be to be getting worse, has started developing a knocking sound thought (especially during spin). The thing seems like a wild animal, pretty scary! 

0 Likes
MonkeyMagik
Explorer
Options

Welcome to the chat. Hopefully we can get a result. 

0 Likes
MonkeyMagik
Explorer
Options

Quick update. 3rd engineer visit yesterday who pulled the washer out, attached a magnet in the drum and measured the vibrations coming from the machine. Confirmed outside of tolerance and that Samsung will probably look to replace. Not sure im that excited seeing as so many people have this issue and I’m half expecting my new one to do the same, but we will see. I’ll update with anything further. 

MonkeyMagik
Explorer
Options

Quick video of my issue. 

0 Likes
Dennis55M
Explorer
Options

Can't see the video yet but got mine from service today after almost two weeks and nothing but the drain pump was replaced, not what I was hoping for. It still behaves exactly the same 😭

0 Likes
MonkeyMagik
Explorer
Options

That’s crazy. Keep on at them and ask for a vibration test. 

0 Likes
MonkeyMagik
Explorer
Options

So I managed to get a resolution. After testing the washer with a vibration sensor I got a call from Samsung and am getting a full refund. They are picking the washer up on Friday and I’ve got a Bosch being delivered on Saturday. Good luck to everyone else and hope you get something sorted. 

Cristi A
Apprentice
Options

Congrats! 
did the technician Samsung sent out? Do that test for you or did you do it independently? And did you call their customer service number, because I’ve been trying with them for months?

all advice would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes
Fearny1
Journeyman
Options

I had another call from Samsung who did another visual inspection through my phone camera and also were able to see logs through SmartThings app. They found that on several occasions I had overloaded the machine! Where they found this information from I don't know as it doesn't appear in the app anywhere. You'd think if it was that clever it would tell me at the time!

Pretty sure I hadn't overloaded it as I've been weighing my washing (which I've never had to do before) before each wash, until they said I should take into account the weight of water!! How the hell am I supposed to know that!?!?

It doesn't matter how much or little I out in the machine it still bangs so now I guess I will have to call someone out. 

0 Likes
Fearny1
Journeyman
Options

Glad you got it sorted. It gives us hope....

0 Likes