Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Air Conditioner app not working on iOS 15 (AR24HSSDBWKN)?

(Topic created on: 26-12-2021 02:16 PM)
Dvier
Student
Options

I've recently upgraded towards iOS15 and it seems the Smart Air Conditioner app isn't compatible.  Had no issues before but after the switch towards iOS 15 I'm not able to login or reconnect to my aircon.  During login (the in-home option) or when trying to reconnect the airco via network settings the app just crashes.

I've a AR24HSSDBWKN which isn't supported by the newer SmartThings app so the only app I can use to connect to the device is the Smart Air Conditioner app.  (tried the SmartThings app anyway but the device just isn't found when trying to connect)

I also have an iOS14 device which has no issues connecting to this airco (app isn't crashing after login) and still works perfectly.

Do they still support this smart air conditioner app?  Or anybody any other suggestions how to connect to it using iOS15?

26 REPLIES 26
MZ22
Apprentice
Options

I contacted my installer and advised the wifi kit that they installed is obsolete and no longer working. My installer then contacted his supplier to get the updated version. I pushed for this to be done free of charge as they should not have sold the old wifi kit to me in the first place.  

0 Likes
standapram
First Poster
Options

Hello guys,
I have the same problem with 3 triangle units, installed in 2015, everything worked fine, but 2-3 years ago that smart air conditioner app crashed after login for remote controlling those A/Cs, and App store didn't offer any update for that up to make it work again.
Local service partner for Samsung A/C told me, there is a way to buy some new WiFi module, than need to rewrite its software for nonNAS, than add some another device for network connetion to that module. So, it is still the way to make it work, but it cost around 500 USD/device, so for me it is about 1500USD to invest to make it work remotely through SmartThings. Nonsense.
Anyway, there will not be any update for Smart Air Con app. Samsung stopped supporting it. What a shame. Nobody is buying A/C for 8 years, but usually for lifetime of those devices. !

0 Likes
KurtHardie
First Poster
Options

I wasted lots of time with Samsung customer support trying to find a solution. But Samsung is simply not interested in supporting units they sold a few years ago so there is no hope.
As a final solution I have thrown out two Samsung triangle units and replaced them with other brand A/Cs. I also kicked out my Samsung TV, printer, phone and fridge because I am done with this brand.

0 Likes
Panosk18
First Poster
Options

Do we have any update about Samsung air conditioner wifi support?? I have a Samsung AR18HSFSAWKKNE  which isn't supported by the newer SmartThings app. Is a other application compatible with older samsung air conditioners?

0 Likes
KurtHardie
First Poster
Options

After wasting countless hours I gave up on this and replaced mySamsung ACs with other brands. Their after sales support for a product that is out of warranty is on the same level as for cheap Chinese products. After end of the warranty period they give a s*** about longevity or supporting their products , they just move on.
As many others I am avoiding anything from Samsung now.

0 Likes
Widgety
First Poster
Options

The only answer I've found is to keep an old IOS device running iOS14 or earlier as the 'aircon controller'. We have an old iPhone5s and keep that for use solely as the aircon controller (only works when connected to the house wifi however, the remote option doesn't work). It's annoying, but cheaper to buy an old iPhone than replace the whole aircon wifi kit.

0 Likes
gsfsystem
First Poster
Options

Sorry to hear about all the problems folks. I m in Australia,  I have a fully ducted AC which after a few attempts I can get it connected to Smarthings App , it has the NIM-H03 Wifi kit attached.  However I have an older split system https://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/AQV24TWDNXSA/  with a built in WIFI adapter https://www.sydneyappliance.com.au/AIR-CON-WIFI-KIT-DB93-09897A  it only works with the old Smart Air Conditioner application which is no longer supported on my new Samsung SE23 phone, but I have it running on my old S9Plus but is even harder to setup up there and this time I got it working with WPS option on my local router to push the WIFI config to the module.  I must say Samsung's capabilities in the IoT space is poor and not something I would recommend to friends or family.  To leave all these clients with Airconditioners which are still operational after 10 years but not give them a efficient way to manage there airconditioning costs is not sustainable or contributing to community. I raised a chatcase with support today and I referred to my local installer but the problem is a software issue and clearly limited care for clients.  So am I supposed to carry around two Samsung phones to run both my air conditioners remotely? Sorry but might need the attention of Mr John Hee Han and Mr Kye Hyun Kyung ?

0 Likes