Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

SAMSUNG WF70F5E2W4X ECOBUBBLE KEEPS STOPPING MID WASH

(Topic created on: 16-11-2020 03:43 PM)
Patrick144
Apprentice
Options

Our washing machine keeps stopping mid wash. WF70F5E2W4X. I have seen this to be a relatively common problem with the PCB. Our problem is, is that the warranty ran out in Aug 2020, as this is a known problem are Samsung replacing FOC, as I haven't been able to find a replacement to buy online anywhere?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Jonty2
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue since the weekend. I agree re the issue. My machine is 5yrs old, having replaced a 14yr old Bosch which in was fine aside from a mouldy seal which I figured wasn’t worth replacing give the age. I bought the 9kg as a Which? Best Buy. Contacted Samsung today, and they provided me with repairer details and offered 25% off another machine; I think as an either/or option. Anyway, I wasn’t interested, because if, as I suspect, the machine is not worth repairing (the PCB is £120 plus fitting) and presumably the initial call out, I will be buying another Bosch machine. A Bosch washing machine and two dishwashers, never an issue with any of them. I replaced the dishwasher after 12years as the plastic  rack coating was damaged and rusting. I have emailed Which? With the issue given it was a Best Buy and the carry appliance reliability ratings.

0 Likes
Jonty2
First Poster
Options

I have had the same issue since the weekend and now the machine drum won’t turn at all when running. I agree re the issue. My machine is 5yrs old, having replaced a 14yr old Bosch which in was fine aside from a mouldy seal which I figured wasn’t worth replacing given the age. So I bought the 9kg Samsung as a Which? Best Buy. Contacted Samsung today, and they provided me with repairer details and offered 25% off another machine; I think as an either/or option. Anyway, I wasn’t interested, because if, as I suspect, the machine is not worth repairing (the PCB is £120 plus fitting) and presumably the initial call out, I will be buying another Bosch machine. After a Bosch washing machine and two dishwashers, I have never had an issue with any of them. I replaced the dishwasher after 12years as the plastic  rack coating was damaged and rusting. I always had misgivings about leaving Bosch. I have emailed Which? With the issue given it was a Best Buy and they carry appliance reliability ratings. 

0 Likes
Patrick144
Apprentice
Options

Wow at least you were offered 25% off a new machine... Samsung offered me nothing apart from to call a accredit engineer to get them to fix it. The lady who eventually answered was extremely rude and very unhelpful. Wanted me to pay £108+vat just for a call out!

I've ending up finding the part on espares and arrives tomorrow and will fit myself, 🤞 that works... 

0 Likes
Solution
Patrick144
Apprentice
Options

PROBLEM FIXED!

don't bother with Samsung themselves guys, there were absolutely useless and just unhelpful, the engineers the recommended aswell were extremely rude. 

Such an easy fix order the part from 'espares' and fit yourself, super easy and took me 5mins max to fit!!

Part costs £150 plus £5.99 for next day delivery, part is 

Washing Machine Main Module - (ES1743762)

To fit... 

Turn off the power!  remove the top, unscrew the face plate, unscrew the detergent dispenser and remove the face plate. Disconnect the connectors going into the main module, reconnect into the new module, screw all back together and done.... Its really that simple guys and girls! Obviously if your still in warranty don't do this (just get Samsung to do it) , but if not this will save you £100s on a brand new machine 👍

Munro19
First Poster
Options
I was going to order the PCB after getting 3E/3E2 errors, but found on inspection ( appliance unplugged & water disconnected) the drive belt at rear had jumped a couple of grooves on the motor shaft.
moved the belt back onto the shaded area of shaft and 5 washes in all is good.
I may order a new belt and tighten. Good luck!
0 Likes