Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung washing machine

(Topic created on: 31-07-2017 08:04 PM)
john19
Apprentice
Options

Just purchased the 9k adwash washing machine, and having installed it I am totaly dismayed to find there is no seperate spin cycle, my old hotpoint had this facitity and the washing came out nearly dry after using it. Since reading the instructions it notes that this extra cycle is only available on the 7k and 8k models, so why not on the 9k, I would not have purchased this model had i known this as the washing is still very wet compared to my old washer and that was less than half the price of this model, I would like to exchange this washer if at all possible for one with a seperate spin cycle, to say I am not very impressed is an under statement.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
john19
Apprentice
Options
Hi there, just tried this method on my Samsung Addwash 9k machine that has no spin only cycle on the dial, and to my relief it does indeed work, so this has now saved me having to try to get Currys to exchange my machine for one that does.

I would have thought it would be in Samsungs interest to put the procedure on all there instruction manuals that come with the washing machine, would have saved me a lot of time and anxiety.

But this is a result for me and a happy compromise.

How to spin only Samsung washer?
To run a Spin Only cycle on a model that does not have this option on the cycle selector dial, perform the following:
  1. Power the unit on.
  2. Press and hold the spin key for approximately 3 seconds. A chime will sound.
  3. Select the spin level, if desired.
  4. Press the Start/Pause button.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

We're sorry this doesn't have the features you're looking for, @john19. If you'd like to  exchange the Washing Machine, you will need to speak to your retailer directly. 

We hope this is sorted for you soon! 

0 Likes
john19
Apprentice
Options

Hi thanks for your reply, phoned currys today and on speaking to one of there call center agents, they implied that because the washing machine has been used that they probably would not exchange for a different model, and I would need to go into the store in person to plead my case, its only after installing this machine that my wife noticed that it did not have the spin only cycle as my wife washes some items by hand in the sink.

Does anyone on here know where I stand with my rights on this, as i said in my first post the 7k and 8k models both have this function, so would have thought the 9k would be no different.

Found this on the net can anyone confirm if this works or not ?

To run a Spin Only cycle on a model that does not have this option on the cycle selector dial, perform the following:
  1. Power the unit on.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated thanks

Solution
john19
Apprentice
Options
Hi there, just tried this method on my Samsung Addwash 9k machine that has no spin only cycle on the dial, and to my relief it does indeed work, so this has now saved me having to try to get Currys to exchange my machine for one that does.

I would have thought it would be in Samsungs interest to put the procedure on all there instruction manuals that come with the washing machine, would have saved me a lot of time and anxiety.

But this is a result for me and a happy compromise.

1. Power the unit on.
KillerJoules
Student
Options

This also works on the ecobubble

0 Likes
KillerJoules
Student
Options

It seems to have the feature....

0 Likes