Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung rsg5uumh wont make ice

(Topic created on: 18-04-2020 12:40 PM)
David2565
First Poster
Options

fridge freezer wont make ice i have water going in and coming out at water dispenser but cant get it to make ice i have tried resetting the icemaker but still nothing any ideas

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
DannyT
Options
Hi there, @David2565.

For how long have you had your refrigerator plumbed in? If you have just installed it, it will take 6 to 12 hours for the refrigerator to produce ice.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
David2565
First Poster
Options
2 years i have had it for
0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Just had a quick read through the manual, which you can find here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/RSG5UUMH1/XEU/

It offers these suggestions:

• Is the water line connected and the shut-off valve open?
• Did you manually stop the ice making function? Make sure Ice Type is set to Cubed or Crushed.
• Is there any ice blocked within the ice maker bucket?
• Is the freezer temperature too warm? Try setting the freezer temperature lower.

Let us know how you get on.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Cornered
Journeyman
Options
Hi, did you ever get this resolved?
I have an RF56J9040SR that has just presented this problem 1 month after the warranty has expired !
From reading other forums and watching you tube there are literally HUNDREDS of people reporting this as a recurring problem with this feature across multiple Samsung appliances. Apparently it may be caused (or was in my case) by the ice box feature freezing up so there was actually no ice in the box because the delivery is frozen up. The USA info shows a ‘force defrost’ sequence to assist dealing with this however I cannot find any EU equivalent info at all. We have just emptied the fridge, turned off the power and manually defrosted the box ourselves. Would be great if Samsung would provide this information but they seem surprisingly reluctant.
0 Likes
Arch
First Poster
Options
Our Samsung RSG5UUMH has never been connected at all, so having just moved house we had it set up to finally use this feature for water and ice. The water comes our lovely and cold no problem but its not making any ice. I watched a video on you tube about heating up the blades and surrounding areas using a hair dryer, I pressed the test button and they moved and ice started coming up so thought I had sorted it. left it over night and still nothing. Bit where the water drops in at the top that is already frozen so obviously the water isn't making it into the trays. Can it be set to cold if that makes sense? would love some advice. Cheers
0 Likes