Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung RS8000 RS68A884CB1/WS No water in the ice maker

(Topic created on: 24-03-2024 08:08 AM)
Chris669
Explorer
Options

Have this 2 doors side by side fridge for 2 years. Now just 2 months after the warranty. Hope this is not a case of obsolescence programming... 

I have the model with ice maker located in the door. 

I checked the test button, mechanism is working. I unplugged and replugged. No more success. Water dispenser is working. My conclusion is that the water tube from the water dispenser to the ice maker is frozen. I've seen there in no "Force Defrost" for this model, am I right? So would the only solution be to defrost everything for 24h and see if the problem is solved? I also tried to warm the output of the metal water tube over the ice recipient, no success.

ANY HELP WELCOME!

Chris 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Chris669
Explorer
Options

For this model, it's as easy as opening a little plastic door, around 20*6cm, located on the top side of the freezer door. Just unscrew and you will have access to the ice maker fill tube valve. Just warm it 10 seconds with an air gun and now after pressing the test button water will flow again! Of course Samsung does not communicate about this in his manuals, because they will loose money with the aftersales...

IMG_20240325_102730.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Chris669: Please take a look at the troubleshooting steps provided in the link below from our friends at Samsung US, to see if you're able to resolve your issue. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001014/

I also recommend taking a look at page 70 of the user manual, where you will find further troubleshooting steps.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201807/20180712151742226/DA68-03725A-06_SEUK.pdf

0 Likes
Chris669
Explorer
Options

thanks did that already, but I cannot see a solution when the water doesn't not flow in the ice maker AND flow in the water dispenser. Pressure is ok, filter is ok. The problem is circulation of water between water dispenser and ice maker, sorry if I was not clear enough. 

0 Likes
Solution
Chris669
Explorer
Options

For this model, it's as easy as opening a little plastic door, around 20*6cm, located on the top side of the freezer door. Just unscrew and you will have access to the ice maker fill tube valve. Just warm it 10 seconds with an air gun and now after pressing the test button water will flow again! Of course Samsung does not communicate about this in his manuals, because they will loose money with the aftersales...

IMG_20240325_102730.jpg

0 Likes