Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RS8000 force defrost?

(Topic created on: 12-06-2022 03:37 PM)
Bongo99
First Poster
Options

I have an RS8000 Fridge Freezer (specifically RS68N8230S9). It's started making a loud noise that I believe is caused by an ice build up. I would like to Force Defrost to try to clear the issue, but I can't find the correct button combination to do this. Found lots of useful info for other models on Youtube, but I can't get any of them to work with my model. Can anyone help?

Spent an hour online with Samsung chat, who denied that such a function (or even a diagnostic mode, which I found myself) exists on this unit, which I find hard to believe, and then tried to sell me a repair...

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Bongo99: I have taken a look into this for you, and wasn't able to find any references to a defrost function. In this instance, your best bet is to unplug the appliance at the wall and allow it to defrost in this manner. Please ensure to have plenty of towels ready to lay down around the base of the unit, to soak up any water that might spill out as a result of the defrosting process. 

0 Likes
Stephen Coote
First Poster
Options

Hi Bongo99.

Just wondering if this solved the problem. We have the same issue with this model.

RS8000
Student
Options

I have the same problem also. It has been a while since you had this chat. Did anyone figure out a way to solve it? Or is it the "hard" defrost that I have to do?

0 Likes
Bongo99
First Poster
Options

We don't think there is a defrost function on this model, so we did as we were told and let it thaw out in its own sweet time. The good news is that it fixed the problem!

0 Likes
RS8000
Student
Options

Sounds good. Will give it a try. Called a lot of companies today  that repairs refrigerators today. None of them do Samsung any more which is a bit worrying.