Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung MC32J7055CT Start Button

(Topic created on: 25-01-2024 12:49 PM)
RubenCab
Journeyman
Options

Hello Community,

My microwave won't start after having closed the door and pressing the start button. Had the microwave unplugged for a week, then it worked again... but just two times.

Anyone an idea what the root cause could be?

Thanks,

Ruben

9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@RubenCab: Can you see an 'L' on the microwave's display? If so, press and hold the the Child Lock button for 3 seconds until the 'L' disappears. This is the button with the padlock above it, to the bottom right of the multifunction dial. Also, make sure that 'Microwave' is selected, and try pressing the Start/+30 second button a few times to ensure that a cooking time is set. 

0 Likes
Malkatraz
Apprentice
Options

I'm having a similar issue - everything works except the "start" button. I can program and set various cooking modes, I just can't get any of them to start! Nothing to do with the Child Lock, which is off, just the button's stopped working. Perhaps it needs a replacement switch?

Malkatraz
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrew - I'm experiencing a similar issue, no response when I push the start button, no beep or anything at all. Started acting up yesterday, had to push the button a couple of times to get any reaction, but since this morning it's just stopped working completely. 

JENNILAWRENCE
First Poster
Options

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem. Based on discussions on other pages, a new button panel was required. Not sure what that would cost...

0 Likes
Malkatraz
Apprentice
Options

Hi Jenni - it appears that the microswitch behind the button can occasionally get clogged with grease (or something) and this stops it working. I've managed to fix this problem a couple of times - switch off at the wall and spray the button area with an active kitchen cleaner. Wipe off the excess and leave it to dry naturally - the next day your button should be working again (at least this has worked twice so far for me). 

A replacement panel will cost about £80 or £90, plus whatever installation costs are if you can't do the switch yourself. 

0 Likes
Solution
RubenCab
Journeyman
Options

My workaround is to having the device permanently unplugged from power.
To use it, I plug it in (to 230VDC) and it works.
Not ideal but saves the hassle sending it in... and money.

0 Likes
Solution
Kay27
Student
Options

I bought mine just before the pandemic. It has been nothing but trouble, it has been in and out of being repaired, the start button has been replaced along with multiple boards within the machine.  Now the start button has once again stopped, but sometimes it works. Very unreliable.  I have cleaned the buttons with an active cleaner, as advised above and again like someone mentioned the child lock is not on.  I have unplugged the machine for Periods, but still the issue persists.  

0 Likes
RubenCab
Journeyman
Options

See my post dated 29-09-2022 05:40 PM.

That way it works.

Seems to be an electrostatic problem.

0 Likes
Members_v2zxizI
First Poster
Options

Have you figured it out? Mines is doing the same. All the other buttons work except start. Id rather none of the others work but start

0 Likes