Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Ecobubble WF70F5E2W2X issues

(Topic created on: 11-06-2023 11:48 AM)
tokabi
First Poster
Options

As of yesterday the washer won't start. I select the program, hit the start button and there's a kind of rumbling noise, after a few seconds there's a single chime (a similar noise to when a button is pressed), none of the buttons work, not even pause or power. After a minute or so the rumbling stops and then the buttons work again, though the door is locked.

The water supply to the machine is working ok. I tried draining water to get the door open, but there was none in. I removed the debris filter and there's a tiny bit of water, I presume left over from previous washes. I switched the power off all night, switched it on this morning hoping the lock would reset, but the door is still locked.

I've tried the smart washer app, but holding the Option and Delay End buttons has no effect, the buttons do work to control their individual functions, but they don't activate the Smart Check function.

Any ideas as to how to get the door open (my favourite jeans are in there) and what could be wrong with the machine?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@tokabi: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with your washing machine. Please can you check the display, to see if any error codes are visible? Furthermore, if a red padlock symbol is visible with a face inset, then the child lock is currently active. To disable this feature, press the Temp. and Spin buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds until the symbol disappears. If the issue persists, unplug your washing machine at the wall, then try the door once again. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
tokabi
First Poster
Options

thanks for the reply, there're no error codes displayed. The lock symbol is a red key, not the child lock. The child lock function works.

I've been unplugging the machine from the wall, when I plug it back in and switch it on, the red key flashes for a few seconds and then stays on. I've tried opening the door immediately while they key is flashing but it stays locked.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@tokabi: Thank you for trying that for me. If you attempt to run a short spin cycle, does it go ahead as expected? If so, let it run its course, wait for 5 minutes, then check to see if the door has unlocked. You can also select a Rinse and Spin cycle, then set the number of rinses to '0'. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
tokabi
First Poster
Options

Thanks, I tried that earlier. I selected Spin, no Rinse, 12 minutes at the next to lowest spin speed setting. As soon as I pressed start it had the same rumbling noise for a minute then stopped.

I've also tried starting in calibration mode, this at least unlocked the door and I rescued my jeans, but as soon as I started the claibration, the same rumbling again.

The drum never spins and no water enters the washing machine.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@tokabi: If the issue is present during Calibration mode, then I recommend reaching out to our Support Team to arrange for the machine to be inspected by an authorised Samsung engineer. To do so, please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and get in touch via your preferred contact method, and an advisor will be on hand to assist you further. 

Alternatively, if you are based in the UK, then you can arrange the inspection yourself on our website by following the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

hello @tokabi - can you initiate these tests on your machine?

0 Likes