Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power button on washing machine keeps getting knocked.

(Topic created on: 19-01-2020 07:30 PM)
Steve1974
Journeyman
Options

I have just bought a ww90m7 range washing machine and already in 2 days I have accidentally knocked the power off 3 times half way through a cycle. Not only does it appear there is no way to lock the power button but it also does not remember the wash settings and for a 900 pound washing machine that should be basic functionality. Am I missing something or is there any way to either stop this or lock the power button from being pressed which is easy to do?

43 REPLIES 43
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

yep silly idea - and the power button (soft touch) should have to be pressed a few seconds before actually turning of the machine , not by a quick brush past accidentally. - it could be something that could be added to existing samsung washing machines with  soft touch buttons on the fascia by future updated firmware downloaded to the washing machine (I dont see why not?) . 
Download the firmware onto the phone using the smart things app, and then 'send' the firmware to the wifi connected washing machine - simple! 

Dapple
Apprentice
Options
My thoughts exactly with the app update! Another alternative 'fix' would be having the app remember the program/progress if it's not physical possible to have the machine remember this due to a missing chipset or whatever... This is the biggest issue for me, because then even if it does get knocked, it can be resumed...
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

yes you would thin, even the app knows at what stage its washing at , and with the cycle progress information. 

I have not tried this personally because I dont have small children now but have  you tried the 'child lock' feature of the machine? - i wonder if you put that on does that stop the machine power button automatically getting knocked off?

0 Likes
Dapple
Apprentice
Options
I haven't tried this, no, but reading through this thread, it would appear that the child lock doesn't stop the machine from being turned off for safety reasons. I would have to try it to actually confirm this though.

I have also been informed that covering the power button will void the warranty, so looks like samsung doesn't want it even even try to temporarily fix the problem which they have created...

It's a shame that after four years, samsung has still done nothing to fix the issue....
0 Likes