Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microwave MC28M6045CS/EE quick start issue

(Topic created on: 01-05-2023 08:57 PM)
DniCo
First Poster
Options

So in the last week I noticed that the quick start has stopped working. Only works if you hit stop first which clears the clock. I read a couple posts here with similar issues. Also noticed that the clock display has at least one segment not lit. So you don’t see the full number anymore. It’s a two year old combination micro that just falls outside of the warranty. 

Tried unplugging for 10 minutes and that didn’t fix it. However the clock display chose to be broken on another spot, while the original broken spot is now lit. So weird. Hard to explain. 

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@DniCo: For your Quick Start issue, is there any time left on the display from a previous use e.g. did the timer not run down to zero when you last used it? If so, then it is normal to have to hit cancel to clear the timer, so a new time can be set. 

The display issue does sound quite strange. Are you able to provide a photo, so I'm able to gain a better understanding of the problem you're facing? 

0 Likes
DniCo2
Student
Options

I had to create a new account just to respond here because Samsung accounts are impossible to use. Anyway, I ended up putting the microwave in the dump for recycling parts. 

I went through hell trying to get this fixed. It’s a control board issue. For the model number MC28M6045CS/EE it requires a new control board which costs half the price of the microwave new. This control panel I searched everywhere and many places claimed to have it, just not in stock. So weeks and months go by and it results in being told the part is probably not being manufactured anymore. So what do you do when the control board you need to fix your two year old microwave doesn’t exist anymore? You have to bin it and that’s the most ridiculous irresponsible bull***t I’ve ever heard of. I will never buy a Samsung product ever again. It’s not worth it. 

0 Likes