Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fridge stuck on software update and now is not working

(Topic created on: 31-01-2024 12:32 PM)
Sharki9
Explorer
Options

IMG_3166.jpeg

Anyone else have problem with the latest software update on fridge family hub ? 

the fridge is stuck in the loop and after while it come up with error 41, tried to switching off the button on the door and from the power but it’s stuck in the update.

the light in the fridge is off and water pitcher is not filling up so it looks like the fridge is completely off, can’t understand how the software update can disable basic function of the fridge ? I get the other settings like pitcher etc but to stop the fridge freezer completely ? What a great idea 

called Samsung and was told to switching off for 3h …

I wonder if they have released some bogus software which broke my fridge? Anyone else have issues today ?

0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48
rofattor
Explorer
Options

Hi Linda ... I am glad your tablet came back to life 🙂

now that is running if you go to the fridge manager, under the setting, you can run a self-check of the fridge ... the pictures below shows the error I have got on mine 

IMG_0883.jpgIMG_0884.jpg

uklonglegs43
Explorer
Options

Yes Sharki9 I definitely agree you were very lucky, i honestly cannot wait to get mine up and running again, very curious to see what they say when I phone them tomorrow and tell them what is actually wrong 😑 watch this space lol 

kindest regards 

Linda 

0 Likes
Sharki9
Explorer
Options

samsung service is another level .... still trying to get a compensation and they just keep promising that someone will call back, this is a joke .... they messed up and can't put a hand up and say sorry here you go for troubles ....

I hope you managed to fix your fridge 

0 Likes
uklonglegs43
Explorer
Options

Hi Sharki9 yes they did fix the fridge I told them it was the Motherboard so asked them to bring one, not the screen which unbelievably they did listen 👍 I received my compensation within 5 days by email for my chosen store, which I picked Asda, that’s after me telling them how  unacceptable  £50 was  in compensation for a family fridge/freezer, the lady I spoke to was great tho and said she totally agreed with me on that, she also told me they will not pay more whatever reason I give,as she has been the person who has to give this news on numerous occasions, as far as Samsung are concerned I should claim the rest on my home insurance, absolutely disgusting considering they are the ones responsible for it going wrong in the first place.

You need to phone them back tomorrow and stay on the phone till they put you through to the compensation department, definitely don’t get fobbed off by them. I know £50 is ***** but at least it goes somewhere to restock.

this has really put me off Samsung to be honest, from start to finish I really feel they could of done a lot better.

i will keep my fingers crossed for you, please let me know if your successful 

kindest regards 

Linda 

0 Likes
Sharki9
Explorer
Options

finally we got a link for the £50 voucher laughable if you see what you will get in shop for that and what the 620L fridge / freezer can hold, and the answer to get it from our insurance is another joke why should I risk my premium go up for Samsung mistakes!

anyone manage to test the fridge temps inside?

0 Likes
Guerca
Student
Options

Hi, can you please tell me what was the solution, I have the same problem. Thank you 

0 Likes
Korangol
First Poster
Options

I also triggered the software update and it’s been stuck on the same screen for three days now. The touch screen does not respond at all. 

0 Likes
Guerca
Student
Options

You need to unplug your refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes, that's what idid and it works. Hope I was able to help you. 

0 Likes
Maribel73
First Poster
Options

How do I exit the screen since it’s been updating for 5 days 

0 Likes