(Topic created on: 16-09-2022 12:15 AM)
Triinu
First Poster
Options

4C4F4FAC-1ECA-4A4F-9819-F6DE058E586F.png

8283895F-143A-434A-A1FD-5E208BA4801A.png

8964DE9D-FA61-4E88-88E8-3D6D4E899042.png

73483197-F921-4CE2-92D0-0E4B280F46C9.png

Hi, my dryer is 2 years old and started to make noise, my husband took apart and that’s what was inside the dryer, basically everything, at the side panels, bottom, front, back. Anyone else? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

there is no wonder why tumble dryers overheat and catch fire looking at that - whilst it looks bad though I have had a few tumble dryers apart from time to time and the dust/fluff does get right inside the tumble dryer just like that - all makes as well I have had hoover and Beko ones apart before and they look , maybe not as bad as that, but still do have a certain amount of dust inside still .

all you can do really is clean the dust lint filter after every drying cycle or before a drying cycle , plus make sure any other vents of the machine are kept clear at all times and hoover the vents out with a nozzle attachment on the end of the vacuum cleaner hose, and also like you have done there take it apart and give the inside a good vacuum out from time to time 

DannyT
Options

Like @andy_in_ireland has said, all dryers will get some fluff/lint inside, but that does look like an extreme case. 

Is your lint filter still in good working order? Check out this guide for help cleaning it https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/home-appliances/how-to-clean-the-lint-filter-on-a-tumble-dryer/

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Fuz1
Explorer
Options

I bought my dryer in 2018. In 2021 it stopped drying clothes. I had followed the advice on how to clean the heat exchange. Anyway as it was out if warranty, paid a "Samsung verified engineer/comp £190 to fix. When he removed the lid and side panels as well as the back, it was all covered in fluff. Thick wads of fluff! We cleared the lint filter after every drying load and heat exchange cleaned every 10-15 loads. This must be happening to everyone's Samsung dryers. The dryers packed up again. Looking for a Bosch now. The heat exchange in Samsung dryers is a joke.

0 Likes