Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ecobubble 8kg ww80J5555fx dC error code problem

(Topic created on: 05-11-2022 11:53 AM)
marge62
Apprentice
Options

My machine is displaying the error code dC.  I have looked in the manual and it said the door is not closed properly.  The door is closed correctly, I have now purchased and installed a new door lock, but still no joy.  

When I close the door and start the program, I hear the door lock click and the door cannot be opened, but the machine will not start.

Any ideas please

thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

DC error code on the Samsung's - isn't that an 'unbalanced laundry' error code on the machine for when it cannot go into spin?

0 Likes
marge62
Apprentice
Options

Hi, there does seem to be some confusion regarding the error codes.  DC means unbalanced loads in some machines, but according to my manual UB is the code for this.  Also, mine shows lowercase d and Upper case C which means the door is not closed.  I am happy to try anything, but although there is nothing in the machine,  I unplugged it for several days whilst waiting for the new door lock, I would have hoped if it was an unbalanced load it would have corrected itself.  unfortunately not.

Any other ideas will be gratefully received 

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

i wonder if your particular machine model has the 'calibration' mode deep in its installation setting menu? - if so you could try giving a go maybe?

0 Likes
marge62
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andy, thanks for the idea.  It does have a calibration mode and I tried to run this.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get past the dC error code thing again as the machine clearly thinks the door is still open. 

thanks again, I'll keep trying