Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eco bubble washing machine door seal shredded

(Topic created on: 14-12-2022 10:37 AM)
Lynzlou
Apprentice
Options

My eco bubble washing machine is 19 months old and today I did a normal load of washing. Just baby clothes. Not over or underloaded. When the wash finished I noticed grey rubble powder on all the clothing and one of the baby gros had ripped. I noticed the entire door seal had shredded. Nothing was stuck in the door when it was closed. I've had the odd sock get in the seal in previous loads but thought Nothing of it. Now my washer is a mess and can't be used. States under warranty damage is not covered but how can baby clothes damage any washer. Isn't that what washers are for? Has this happened to others? Should the warranty cover this?

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
MissyElliot
Student
Options

Hi Tom

Did you have any luck getting Samsung to cover the engineer call out (without you having to pay first and be reimbursed)?

0 Likes
Lynzlou
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I logged the repair first online on the warranty pages. I logged it under I've damaged my washing machine. It booked the job in but did state I'd have to pay for the repair. The next day I rang on the contact us numbers from same online page and told them the issue and that I had logged the job online but was not happy to pay as I has not over or underloaded it. It was baby clothing and it had damaged the clothing. They stated because of the damage to the clothing there would be no charge. The engineer came and checked its electrical thing at back and it showed it had logged a couple of issues which were not my fault. Hope this helps. Just explain its a washer and it should wash clothing without falling apart. Especially after 20 months. Mine was 19 months in
0 Likes
PM263
Student
Options

Mine did the same just barely 3 months after purchase. I see there are complaints from all over the world about this issue (I am in South Africa). Samsung refused to fix the issue so I have approached the industry Ombudsman. Complaint still open

Shubs
First Poster
Options

Hi i have the same issue. Mine is 2.5 months old. They are saying it’s not covered under warranty. It’s the door putting pressure on the rubber seal. My old machine was more than 7yrs old and never had any issue. They are saying it will cost

0 Likes
PM263
Student
Options

Are you in SA?, what's your email address so we put our heads together on what to do? The technician who attended to me blatantly told me that samsungs door rubbers are now fong kong compared to what they used to make back then

0 Likes
hermione2001ie
First Poster
Options
My Samsung Ecobubble is less than a year old. I have already had to have bearings replaced and yesterday, the door seal gasket fell out on to the floor. The metal had just corroded and broken. I always leave the door open to dry. Samsung not willing to fix it because apparently the warranty doesn't cover 'detachables. ' The replacement part is only a few quid, but fitting it doesn't look that straightforward, so I am a little reluctant to try and do it myself.
0 Likes
JohnDavis81
First Poster
Options

Same issue here: Maxine just reached 2 years old and seal has ripped so it leaks. Clearly a design fault. How can Samsung charge for this?!

0 Likes
Jenny456
First Poster
Options
My machine is 5 month old.. I'm having the same issue. This is disgusting.

If I knew this, I would have never have bothered buying a Samsung washer.
Niamh
Student
Options

Me also

0 Likes
Niamh
Student
Options

The same happened to me 

0 Likes