Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV5000 Heat Pump Tumble Dryer A++, 8kg

(Topic created on: 25-09-2020 01:26 AM)
Aleesha
Student
Options

My tumble dryer keeps showing a red flashing light symbol for the filter when I turn on and go to use it. 
Every time I use the dryer I empty the water out and clean the filter. 
i have tried cleaning the inside filter, I’ve brushed it and vacuumed it but there is no blockage that I can see and has hardly been any dust inside. 
Anyone have any ideas to get rid of this. It’s been on for the last month and haven’t been able to get through to anyone from customer service.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Aleesha 

Did you manage to get this sorted or are you still having the same issue?

0 Likes
Aleesha
Student
Options

I had the machine serviced yesterday by Samsung and he said that there was no problem. I feel like he fobbed me off though, he didn’t look at the machine properly and just read the manual and said that there wasn’t nothing in the book about it so mustn’t be a problem... so I still have the problem. It’s not au much a problem the lights has just been showing for about a month now I’ve checked the filter every time and cleaned it but there’s nothing there. I’m worried there’s something actually inside the machine not just the filter.

Redfern2308
First Poster
Options

I have just had the same problem and had an engineer out. He told me that there is another filter behind the one at the bottom of the machine that needs a special brush to clean it.  It is so delicate (like tin foil) and can easily break. I bought this machine in Dec 2018 so still under warranty but apparently newer versions come with this brush. To be honest I am now concerned. This machine cost me a lot but not sure it is fit for purpose. Am I going to have to keep calling out engineers for a design flaw??? Would appreciate contact from Samsung about this.

0 Likes