Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can WW90T684DLH/S1 washer auto-update firmware?

(Topic created on: 02-02-2022 01:00 PM)
mm2022
Journeyman
Options

IMG_20220202_131843__01.jpg

I've noticed there's a language display bug with this washing machine. When the AI cycle finishes - the finishing message is "AI recommneded cycle complete".

Will Samsung correct this at some point and update the firmware automatically (seeing it is web connected) or does this washing machine just not support remote firmware updates?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
This page may be of help to you

Update the firmware on your SmartThings compatible range

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088342/
0 Likes
mm2022
Journeyman
Options

--removed -- see post below.

0 Likes
mm2022
Journeyman
Options

Already looked at that a while ago - there's no firmware update option for the washer in there. Just some advanced settings/manual etc.
My guess is that it can't be updated without a service visit (and maybe replacement of a board), but wondering if there is any other way.

Some of the more advanced washing machines have an upgrade firmware setting in the control settings, but this also doesn't appear that I can see on this washing machine.

0 Likes
CastletonJ
First Poster
Options
Same spelling mistake on WW90T534DAN/S1 washer. Can't find any reference to firmware updates for this model in the manual. It annoys me but I guess I'll have to live with it.
0 Likes
mm2022
Journeyman
Options

Washing machine just told me "Your Washing Cycle is Complete" instead of the message above - so maybe it has upgraded itself... Or maybe it's just not using the AI cycle for that wash!

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

ww90T534DAW here and no firmware update on the phone app

287062224_2317254571755501_4083815723768080076_n.jpg

or in the washing machine menu which is a shame because I would not only like a correction of that spelling but also a way to turn off all sounds of the machine (the beeps when you turn dial etc not just the end of cycle jingle tune) plus I would like at the end of wash cycle to stay on machine for at least 5-10 minutes after cycle has stopped 'Cycle Ended' in the display window instead of going straight off immediately,  and in that 5-10 mins tumble drum slowly every now and again to avoid creases (I know you can do that with the wireless button to the right of the display window, but you have to keep pressing it on every wash it becomes tedious) 

looking at the back of the electronic fascia on the front of the machine it does indeed look like the engineer would have to come out and install/flash new firmware/software - look at the 'Download' connector on the main board:

download.jpg

0 Likes
Gadge
Apprentice
Options

Appreciate the topic is over a year old now but I was poking around the net looking for WM upgrade details and stumbled on this topic, Smartthings does show an upgrade option for compatible washing machines but you need to look in the Smartthings app > life section > Home care plug in, if you scroll down you might see the panel to upgrade the machine

Mine shows the upgrade panel and suggests I have an upgrade available but taping it opens a page where the machine/software reports latest version applied

andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

I dont have a 'life section' in my smart things app (android) - my machine is WW90T534DAW

andy_in_ireland_1-1688910876446.png

0 Likes
Gadge
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20230709_145635_SmartThings.jpg