Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Series 6 Oven Firmware Requests!

(Topic created on: 10-01-2024 07:59 PM)
thejakelet
Journeyman
Options

Good evening to the community! 

After speaking to Samsung UK Support on messenger I've been directed to put my feature requests / bug fixes here on the hole appliances board as this is where such things are picked up!

Having recently got the series 6 DCF oven there's a couple of things that would make sense feature / punctuation wise!

1. In the auto cook area once selecting a food type (let's say chicken drumstick) it gives a tip on the next screen but the grammar is wrong....

It says: Tip add salt and rub oil or butter for more flavor

Whereas it should say: Tip - or Tip: 

2. Clock auto time out, could a 12 hour option be added or a on at daytime / off at nighttime schedule be added?

3. Power button, could this be used to shut down the oven rather than leaving it in a constant "sleeping" state? I understand the WiFi connection would be lost but it'd save the oven being constantly on.

Finally is there an area where Samsung puts their firmware update notes or the rollout schedule? I know someone who has one of the BESPOKE washers that were meant to have a firmware update to add the Less Microfiber wash cycle but upon asking them apparently it's yet to materialize!

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi sorry ant really help, but in general no schedule and definitely no changelog.

I was drawn to your post title, Oven firmware, never even occurred to me that's a thing.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
thejakelet
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply! I'm not really surprised there isn't much in the way of a rollout schedule or changelog, I mean it'd be nice though!

I'll be honest I didn't think about it either but looking in the settings of the oven I was quite surprised to see it ran a variant of Tizen! 

0 Likes
thejakelet
Journeyman
Options

Oh and if I can add one more glaring omission! The ability to be able to switch the oven light on / off via the smartthings application! 

0 Likes