Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can’t set up washing machine in smart things app

(Topic created on: 28-06-2022 05:12 PM)
Options

Hi

i can’t set up my washing machine in the smart things app .  I’ve tried on my iPhone 13 pro and my 9th gen iPad.  Just get stuck sending the registration and ends up failing.

im stuck!

oh it’s a ww80T554DAX/S1

Gill

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options

Problem solved! Router needs to have a password of no more than 8 characters.  Now it works! 

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@Gill and Paul Rogers: To begin with, please ensure that the washing machine is connected to a Wi-Fi network by pressing and holding the pointing finger with the'+' symbol inset for 3 seconds > Turn the navigation dial to Wi-Fi, then press 'O' to select. Complete the setup process, then look for the universal Wi-Fi symbol in the top right of the display to indicate that the connection has been successful. 

Now, with SmartThings open on your iPhone, press and hold the Smart Control button to the right of the washing machine display (this looks like a smartphone with 2 arching lines above). The washing machine will enter AP mode, and connect to your phone. Tap the Smart Control button once again to authenticate the washing machine, and you should be good to go. 

0 Likes
Options

Hi AndrewL,

is the Wi-Fi symbol supposed to be in the top right hand corner of the display on the washing machine display panel?  My mobile shows it’s connected to the internet and that’s where I’m seeing that icon but not on the washing machine.  I put it into ap mode and my phones on an endless scan for it.  🤔

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Gill and Paul Rogers: Yes, the Wi-Fi symbol should be visible in the top right corner of the display to indicate that the washing machine is connected to a network. Please refer to page 44 of the user manual linked below for further clarification, and take a look at page 46 for steps on how to successfully connect to SmartThings. 

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202108/20210805153214630/U-PJT_WASHER-MD_SimpleUX_WEB_...

0 Likes
Options

Hi Andrew, yes already found that 🤭,  no the icon refuses to display.  Wi-Fi is switched on on the machine.  I can’t see anywhere in the manual further about connecting it to the Wi-Fi router to get that icon to show.  I’ve followed all the other instructions and have got no where.  Router is operating at both 2.4ghz and the other one 5. what ever it is.  Really stumped now.  My mobile and iPad can connect to the router happily from the same place so it can’t be a distance thing. 🤔

0 Likes
Options

Hi Andrew, ive even reset my router.  Its still not connecting to it.  Are you supposed to see it go through some sort of set up after youve turned the WiFi on on the machine.  Nothing happens and then after about 30 secs if that it goes back to the first wash program.

0 Likes
Solution
Options

Problem solved! Router needs to have a password of no more than 8 characters.  Now it works!