Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can't access camera on smart oven

(Topic created on: 09-02-2024 12:19 PM)
nikocameron
Apprentice
Options

I have the NV7B7997AAA/U4 Oven and Smartthings works, I just can't see the integrated camera at all. I have connected via 'Easy Connect' and tried separate the 2.4 and 5Ghz bandings, both which connect fine and the Wifi signal is storng and displays. The Camera settings are all On in settings directly on the oven, and the Camera icon displays in the top right on the screen on the oven itself showing it believes it is recording. It automatically recognising meals on the Oven screen so happy that the camera functions itself.

I can't see within the Smartthings app anywhere to see the camera feed. Right now I have been using the Dual Cook function - I can control cooking in both zones perfectly via the app and Smart control is turned on.

I have tested on the latest version of iOS app and also Android. In both versions the 'HomeCare Wizard' option does is not selectable for us.

The oven firmware is 20230508_112307 - I believe this is the latest as it does not let me download any more with it.

Have tried live chat but they were unable to chat, has anyone got the camera to work on theirs as would be really welcome as would love to use the camera?!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
nikocameron
Apprentice
Options

Deleted the oven from Smartthings and readded it and all the options then appeared. So a dodgy initial handshake. Happy days 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@nikocameron: According to the user manual, "The camera does not operate during certain modes, such as the Cleaning and Eco Convection modes, and lower setting in Dual mode." It will also not function if you manually turn off the oven light. With the above in mind, please try checking the camera while another oven mode is in use (those not listed above), to see if the Live Streaming function is accessible via SmartThings.

0 Likes
nikocameron
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Andrew. I have removed the Dual Cook function and tried multiple cooking modes but unfortunately still can't see the live feed (or any camera indication) within the app on either my android or my wife's iPhone. The camera icon appears on the oven itself and recognises food for auto cooking. A still camera image even appears in my notifications after a meal is finished but there is nothing to click on in the image and just seems to be missing from Smartthings itself. 

0 Likes
Solution
nikocameron
Apprentice
Options

Deleted the oven from Smartthings and readded it and all the options then appeared. So a dodgy initial handshake. Happy days 

0 Likes