Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto dispense problem.

(Topic created on: 16-10-2020 10:37 PM)
Ktxx
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have a Samsung washer dryer with the auto dispense function. Up until now it has been working absolutely fine but I’ve noticed that my fabric softener wasn’t loading when it should. I’ve done a drum clean, cleaned all compartments etc and still nothing. This evening I’ve run a rinse and spin to see and have no fabric softener in the machine yet the the dose indicator is showing full when it’s not! There’s also a chugging noise as if it’s trying to dispense but nothing is obviously there (this noise also happens when it was full) I’m at a loss as to what I’m to do?? Has anyone else experienced this? 

0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@polly9 wrote:

yep your right. I should have taken another look before posting. However it should work for the softner side. Thats what Samsung tech support say,  although won’t believe it till I try it. 

well its not designed for manual dosing of fabric softener either - don't believe it if that's what they are telling you. It hasn't got the required syphon in the soap drawer (that blue thing normally) where you can fill up the fabric compartment and it will go in just at the right time on the last rinse (and not go into the drum on the wash cycle) -

no, that middle compartment is just for manually adding soap detergent or powder ...... at a push at the end of the wash cycle on the very last rinse if you are around you could open up the drawer and manually add some fabric conditioner if needs must , but mainly its there to manually add soap detergent in the form of liquid or powder (after disabling 'Dose per wash' in the menu settings)  

0 Likes
HippoDuck
Journeyman
Options

Just finished taking the assembly apart, for me it turns out that the fabric softener caused a reaction with the oval seals, causing it to expand and jam up the mechanism. Does anyone know if you can buy replacement seals?

0 Likes
HippoDuck
Journeyman
Options
Hi all, I found a cheaper fix than to buy the whole pump assembly. I fixed mine for less than £1 (although in reality I spent more than £20 on different ideas.).

Buy two 34x3mm o-rings and seat them in the bottom of the pump instead of the original ones. They will fit perfectly. When tightening down the 4 screws, don't over tighten as you don't want to squeeze the rings too much that they dislodge.

Fixed mine and the pump runs quieter too.

Note that it may actually be better to use 2mm o-rings instead, but this is untested. They would likely need to be 35mm inner diameter so the outer diameter fits nicely. I took pictures of everything so will update with links a bit later.

Just want to add that the liquid doesn't clog up the pump, it's just reacting with one of the factory gaskets which expands and that is what is blocking the pump.
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

I wonder if Holts Instant Gasket would do the job too? - take out old 'out of shape' gasket and squirt some of this instant gasket in its place, wait for it to dry before using , it should be resistant to oils etc. 
Or even good quality silicone sealant that goes around baths? - I would get the one that has ani-fungal/anti mould properties. 

andy_in_ireland_0-1691249089676.jpeg

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/tools/garage-equipment/head-gasket-and-exhaust-repairs/granville-i...

0 Likes
Members_vrENnh2
First Poster
Options

Hello, my name Guy from France. Same problem on my washing machine WW10M86GNOA.
I ordered and am waiting for the O-rings in 35 x 2 mm to test.
Could we take pictures of the end result?
Thanks
0 Likes
Members_vrENnh2
First Poster
Options
Hello, my name Guy from France. Same problem on my washing machine WW10M86GNOA.
I ordered and am waiting for the O-rings in 35 x 2 mm to test.
Could we take pictures of the end result?
Thanks
0 Likes
HippoDuck
Journeyman
Options
This was 3mm. Its not working as good as i thought. The o ring was too big and screwing down the housing moved the o ring inwards and broke the seal. I need to try thinner ones like you ordered although the OD still needs to be 34mm. Ideally it should be flat. A good tip is to manually move the piston up and down and you should not hear air escaping but instead the valves popping open and closed. Also buy some white grease and give the pistons and gears a good amount. Makes it run smoother.20230805_134102_1000008416_1691239263.jpg
Members_vrENnh2
First Poster
Options

thanks for the reply and the picture.

I will test this and give my feedback ASAP.

0 Likes
snowjazz
First Poster
Options

I had the same initial problem that the detergent was dispensing (although I've moved to laundry sheets now - love them) but not the fabric softener. It didn't even recognise when the chamber was empty. So I thoroughly cleaned the drawer and inside the machine where the drawer sits - I actually found a lot of black around where the dispensers connect with the machine. It still didn't seem to correct things so I ran a Rinse & Spin cycle and afterwards finally the machine then told me to refill the fabric softener. Just posting in case this helps anyone.

Graham M
First Poster
Options

Not sure if you still can but you used to be able to buy an O ring kit which was endless O ring which you could cut and join with special glue included for vehicle use. I am about to embark on this route tomorrow so will see how it goes. I do have an O ring assortment box with all sizes in in so will try a 2mm diameter set up and report back.

0 Likes