Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto dispense problem.

(Topic created on: 16-10-2020 10:37 PM)
Ktxx
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have a Samsung washer dryer with the auto dispense function. Up until now it has been working absolutely fine but I’ve noticed that my fabric softener wasn’t loading when it should. I’ve done a drum clean, cleaned all compartments etc and still nothing. This evening I’ve run a rinse and spin to see and have no fabric softener in the machine yet the the dose indicator is showing full when it’s not! There’s also a chugging noise as if it’s trying to dispense but nothing is obviously there (this noise also happens when it was full) I’m at a loss as to what I’m to do?? Has anyone else experienced this? 

0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66
polly9
Apprentice
Options

I have a similar problem although my four inlets behind the drawer are clear.  Turned the detergent to max from low  to no avail. Now doing a drum wash with an empty dispenser drawer. What I did notice was, when using persil washing liquid, the fluid was very slow to drip through the back of the tray when I opened the valve.  I wonder if the viscosity of the fluid is too thick. will try to water it down a bit next. 

0 Likes
Gavin3
Journeyman
Options

Hi polly9,

Your issue is interesting as it is different from the majority of others here. The primary issue with the auto dose is degradation of the seal used on the fabric conditioner side of the pump (you can’t see it unless you pull the whole pump apart); but you are obviously having problems with detergent. I normally use Arial liquid and haven’t had any problems through the last 30 months (and lenor fabric conditioner - which did destroy the original pump seal). Might be worth flushing out the detergent container in case the grommets at the back of the drawer are clogged. Let us know how you get on!

0 Likes
polly9
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply. The valves/grommets at the back of the tray are clear I even cleaned the tray out they swapped the fluids over to see what happens, the softener ran through the detergent side easily and the detergent slowly flowed through the softener outlet. 

0 Likes
polly9
Apprentice
Options

Well I never.  Engineer came today and knew what the problem was as soon as he asked what liquid I use. Persil non bio. Apparently it clogs ip the pump. There is another persil non bio that can be bought specifically for auto dose, and guess what. £80 for ten litres. So he changed the pump and we are going back to using a dosing ball. Shame really, auto dosing is one of the reasons we bought the machine. 

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@polly9 wrote:

Well I never.  Engineer came today and knew what the problem was as soon as he asked what liquid I use. Persil non bio. Apparently it clogs ip the pump. There is another persil non bio that can be bought specifically for auto dose, and guess what. £80 for ten litres. So he changed the pump and we are going back to using a dosing ball. Shame really, auto dosing is one of the reasons we bought the machine. 

can you not dilute the persil non-bio with water if it really that thick? -is persil non bio got 'concentrated' written on the front or back label?

I would try diluting it with water, to the consistency or thereabouts of water. 

if the pump blocks up again and its not a gasket problem on the pump then try emptying out the contents of the autodose drawer and putting in fresh clean warm water only and run a couple of wash cycles without clothes then hopefully the pumps will suck up the warm water and soften the detergent that has blocked them

0 Likes
Websters
Apprentice
Options

They tried to argue this with us. This is exactly why we got a refund on our machine and went with LG instead. Three times this happened to us, even with the recommended liquid, the auto dispense inevitably stopped working, and each time we had different excuses ("the softener has degraded the seal you have to flush it through every time you use it" was one reason, then "it's the liquid you used", but when it happened a second and third time after the drawer was replaced, "it's an issue with the board") We realised there was a serious design flaw in the auto dispense drawer when we had an independent engineer look at it, in light of all the issues we'd had. Eventually we argued that it was not fit for purpose, and had to email the CEO for a resolution. Finally got our money back! I'd never buy a Samsung auto dispense again. 

0 Likes
Websters
Apprentice
Options

Yes, that's what happened to us

0 Likes
polly9
Apprentice
Options

I think I have the answer. When the auto dose is turned off in settings, the drawer becomes a standard detergent drawer in the sense that water flushes through to add the detergent / conditioner, like a standard washing machine without auto dose.  So if it's not working, turn off auto dose in the settings and use the machine with a single dose for the one wash. Hopefully after several washes this will eventually clear out the pump etc.

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@polly9 wrote:

I think I have the answer. When the auto dose is turned off in settings, the drawer becomes a standard detergent drawer in the sense that water flushes through to add the detergent / conditioner, like a standard washing machine without auto dose.  So if it's not working, turn off auto dose in the settings and use the machine with a single dose for the one wash. Hopefully after several washes this will eventually clear out the pump etc.

wont work because when you turn off the auto-dose then the auto-dose pumps will not work so will not clear out the pumps that way. 

when you use the 'manual' dose compartment in the middle of the drawer water jets at the top flush the detergent from the middle manual dose compartment into the drum. It does not go through any of the pumps at all.

0 Likes
polly9
Apprentice
Options

yep your right. I should have taken another look before posting. However it should work for the softner side. Thats what Samsung tech support say,  although won’t believe it till I try it. 

0 Likes