Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1hr 90'c wash on WW90T534 washing machine?

(Topic created on: 29-03-2023 01:29 PM)
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

has anyone got any ideas about how to do a 90'c hot wash for an hour and then do 3 rinses apart from doing this all manually - ie set 90'c cotton wash , then after an hour is up cancel the wash with the dial then manually selecting a rinse spin cycle with 3 rinses?

I just wish washing machine manufacturers would stop giving us just pre-set cycles in their software/firmware of their machines and give the user at least 1 cycle the end user can configure just the way they want it . in the menu they could put (for a custom cycle) even if it was done through a phone app (like smart-things)  and sent to the machine: 

"What temp do you want your wash?" = 90'c
"What time do you want to wash at 90'c?" = 1hr
"Do you want to use autodose detergent?" = Yes
"Do you want to use fabric softener?" = yes
"How many rinses do you want?" = 3
"What Spin Speed would you like?" = 1400rpm

then: "Send cycle to the machine and press start button on the washing machine" - 

Such a simple Idea and would be so easy to implement with a wifi type connected machine that uses a phone app such as SmartThings ... but I doubt if we would ever get such a feature because it seems they just want you to use only pre set cycles from the manufacturers. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
keith30
Mastermind
Options
I very much bout if you can find a washing machine that will be program to do 90'c wash as most machines has a top temperature that doesn't do a higher temperature than 60'c I know mine doesn't.
0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@keith30 wrote:
I very much bout if you can find a washing machine that will be program to do 90'c wash as most machines has a top temperature that doesn't do a higher temperature than 60'c I know mine doesn't.

There are a load that do, on a long cotton wash anyway, and the Samsung does 75'c on drum cleaning program too. What samsung washing machine model have you got that does not go over 60'c? 

I remember years ago it was an (indesit model I think) called Moon washing machine which would not go over 60'c (possibly 40'c) and it suffered from terrible mould (mold) in the drum and on the seals. 

To kill bacteria and germs on clothes you need at least an hour at 60'c temp I think (unless you use that dettol laundry sanitizer stuff) 

EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
I had an Indesit Moon for 8 years before getting it replaced with a WD806U4SAGD. The 60⁰C programme on that mouldy thing was an eco programme meaning it barely even reached 48⁰C. Combine that with the detergent dispenser in the door which dispensed detergent mainly into the door seal and you get a mould party!

Anyways, Samsungs reach 82-86⁰C on a 90⁰C wash which is pretty good. Only LGs seem to reach exactly 90⁰C based on what I've heard - not even Miele W1s can do a proper 90⁰C anymore.
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

got to be a 'save the planet' issue hasnt it why a lot of washing machines have cooler washes these days. The Manufacturers would have you believe that its to save you money / make washing machines economical saving the planet and saving money and that the modern powders/liquids work at very low temperatures these days . 

maybe also in the past they have had claims from previous customers have ruined their garments in some ways (fading colours at high temperatures and stretching or shrinking them on hot washes?) and possibly melting 13a plugs on a 90'c long wash because of the element in the drum of being on so long and drawing continuously off the 13a plug ? 

remember even EU dictates these days about cutting down energy from modern appliances too - remember when you could buy a 1800watt vacuum cleaner ... I dont think you can these days , EU stepped in and have stopped manufacturers making/selling them 

EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
I wouldn't think it's to do with the fuses since a 13A fuse can withstand around 3000W and the maximum most machines reach is around the 2300-2400W mark. Haier and Whirlpool group washing machines barely reach 1800W now for cost cutting reasons I can imagine. The vacuum cleaner issue is depressing. My Miele S700 from 2007 is rated at 2000W. The power limit was introduced to reduce energy consumption as a whole but I don't like the idea of it. I'd rather have something powerful that gets the job done quickly for vacuuming the rugs and carpets.