Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zfold 4 Wifi & Bluetooth not working

(Topic created on: 25-01-2024 03:58 PM)
Bodie M
Student
Options

My Z Fold 4 which has worked flawlessly for the past 5 months has now hit a bit of a snag. I am unable to turn on bluetooth and when I use Wifi, It cannot discover networks. I have looked around and seen similar reports but I have no idea what's going on generally. 

Only bad thing that has recently happened to it was it running out of battery but surely that isn't that bad, Right? Because right after that it's been unable to connect to wifi, Yet bluetooth was usable. Now after numerous attempts to get it working on a clean slate after numerous restarts it just doesn't work like it should.

Before it couldn't even turn wifi on. I have used Samsung members to diagnose what's going on but it doesn't really provide many solutions outside of telling me to restart, and according to that everything is pretty much working as it should.

38 REPLIES 38
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try resetting your WiFi and Bluetooth settings under Reset
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
Bodie M
Student
Options

Unfortunately that doesn't change anything. 

AndrewL
Options

@Bodie M: Please can you try restarting your Galaxy Z Fold4 in Maintenance Mode by following the steps in the link below. then attempt the connections again? This will disable all third party apps, and help to determine if the issue is potentially stemming from an external source. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-maintenance-mode-and-how-to-use-it-on-your...

Let me know how you get on.

0 Likes
Bodie M
Student
Options

Hey! Thanks for chiming in. I have just put my phone into maintenance mode and my wifi and bluetooth issues have not changed at all.

The wifi is -on- per say but it is unable to find networks, bluetooth also refuses to start up immediately after pressing it - which on that topic it seems to function perfectly and turn itself on after a period of time. 

When I restart my phone back into its regular mode it starts up the exact same way as it did with maintenance mode, With Wifi on - unable to find networks and bluetooth acting the same it did.

I hope you don't mind this dump of information I want to help as much as possible.

0 Likes
Members_g4lXDsN
First Poster
Options

I have this exact same issue. I think my sons Tablet also has the same issue with not connecting to a WiFi network.

I only noticed the WiFi not connected a few hours ago, so I think this has only justy happened to me

0 Likes
nothappy99
First Poster
Options
I have zfold 3 same problem just had new updates and still not working come samsung sort it out
0 Likes
discostew
First Poster
Options
Fold 3 WiFi won't turn on. Was working normally last night, but this morning it refuses to connect. Nothing wrong with the WiFi our other phones connect without an issue. Any ideas?
0 Likes
PurpleRah
First Poster
Options

I am having this exact same issue except on a restart it will search and find bluetooth and wifi networks and connect, but after about 5 mins it just disconnects and then it cannot find any wifi or bluetooth devices again until I go through another restart

0 Likes
Bigz1
Student
Options

I'm experience same issue here with z fold 4, bluetooth,  wifi and audio stop working for a month now. I recently update my phone to One UI version 6.0 but issue still there.

0 Likes