Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z fold4 been out of action for 5 weeks

(Topic created on: a month ago)
bung2
First Poster
Options
Since updating I have lost connection to WiFi and Bluetooth 
Found out it still had 6 months warranty left, rushed down to local EE shop,they told me it was a common fault and would send it to samsung for repair 
Samsung told me it was £510 for repair as it was out of warranty as it had scratches on the bezel or opt for the unfixed return
Jon Rogers 7561 155430 come on Samsung 
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @bung2 

If a phone appears to present accidental damage then Samsung can decline support under the 24 month Manufacturer's Warranty I'm afraid.

That said expected " scratches " as fair wear and tear isn't something I'd expect Samsung to decline support on.

It might be worth visiting a Samsung Experience Store or contact Samsung directly for a second opinion. 

If you have another form of insurance such as Home Contents Insurance ,and or some banks offer phone cover as a perk of the account, then that maybe an alternative. 

In regards to the problems with the connections you've mentioned have you tried any troubleshooting steps such as >

• Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop or use a Tv's USB Port to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too { Possibly excluding the s²⁴ Series of phone's } 
  • Factory Reset after backing up. 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
bung2
First Poster
Options
Thanks bandofbrothers for quick reply.
I have factory reset the phone, and it is oneui 6.0 and android 14.
The phone was working, (with scratches), before the update as soon as I updated I lost bt and wifi
I am sure all I need is the ability to rewind the upgrade
I have read this has happened before with updates and samsung embarrasingly, release another update .
Thanks
0 Likes