Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 3 - Bluetooth Issues

(Topic created on: 08-06-2023 11:28 PM)
smithy9999
Apprentice
Options

Hi

For the past few weeks my Z Fold 3 has been dropping in & out of Bluetooth. Sometimes wont even allow me to turn it on. It will pair to my watch and then ill get notifications saying it has disconnected. When in my car it will just totally drop & not re-connect. Has anyone come across this before?

24 REPLIES 24
garylawsom
Journeyman
Options
I was told to speak with live chat as my phone had been in for 'repair' before, if I wanted to book a repair.
I spoke with live chat who said that they're unable to book a repair. And needed to call.
I called the number given in the chat who told me that they cannot book the repair as the service centres are 3rd party.
The third party service centre number given simply didn't answer.
Absolutely disgusting service.Screenshot_20230527_111306_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230527_111044_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230524_204835_Chrome.jpg
garylawsom
Journeyman
Options
Totally given up with Samsung support now. Twice its been in the service centre and twice they haven't picked up of the fault. Screenshot_20230529_101637_Maps.jpg
z fold 3 blutoth
First Poster
Options

Hello i have the same problem and after all... is your phone ok now ?

If yes can you help me 2

garylawsom
Journeyman
Options
Hi I have it sorted now
I made a video of the failing Bluetooth along with screenshot of the greyed out Bluetooth icon
I rang a service centre and arranged to bring my phone in myself and show them the fault along with the evidence and I have just received my phone back this week!
3rd time lucky. Terrible service and obviously inadequate testing procedures.
Really put me off Samsung but at least have my phone back now
Marek847
First Poster
Options
I have same issue start just few days ago never was repaired or anything
xenexo
First Poster
Options

So I believe the issue is that Samsung May have removed the A2DP profile which alot of devices still use. My Denon avr can connect and maintain a Bluetooth connection with my 20fe but my fold 3 can connect but cannot maintain a connection. As far as I am aware, I cannot find a solution to this issue but can only assume that it's now down to the connected devices manufacturer to release a firmware update or you're just out of luck 

MajorD
Student
Options

yep, same experience here 

The second time, I argued and asked... "If I can demonstrate this right now, how can you say no fault found?

I asked them to confirm they were able to get any headphone to connect to the phone because their report doesn't even mention a test. The fact is all of Samsung support is third party. A friend runs one and admitted after my last issues with the Fold2 that they lie when it looks like a case of non-trivial... He says it isn't worth the time and value of Samsung's contract to look at certain issues that need real effort.

This phone is the last Samsung I buy. Great devices, but a nightmare when they go wrong.

Malyrik
Student
Options

Ok so i already tried this 3 other times before i decided to post it...ok so same issues here with the bluetooth n whats worked for me is this....turn your phone off take the case off n grab it tight n shake it side to side...open it and do the samething carefully...then close it and turn it on....let me know if it works for you 

mav2020
Pioneer
Options

I am really sad after looking through this thread. I am using a Z Fold 5 and I am experiencing bluetooth issues as well. I have never had the issue of people not being able to hear what I am saying or I can't hear what people are saying over the telephone. Just imagine I had to hang up and call again on every call that I've made. I have been using the Buds 2 Pro for more than 6 months and it has always been ok when I was using my old mobile device. All software are updated and I've reset the mobile and the Buds 2 Pro a few times. Anyway, I have asked for a mobile replacement since the device is barely two weeks old. I will be receiving a new Z Fold 5 in two days. If I am still experiencing the same issue with the new mobile device, I will have to change to a different model. Fingers crossed.

Wayne25
First Poster
Options

I have had the same issue for months every since samsung did an update a few months ago. My bluetooth will connect and disconnect not only from my samsung buds but from my vehicle as well. Several attempts to resolve this with samsung but the only thing they are interested in is selling me a new phone. Why dont they fix this $1500 piece of junk. I will never buy a Samsung again.