Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z flip 5 android update

(Topic created on: 16-01-2024 11:05 PM)
Lauramck711
Journeyman
Options
Is anyone else in the UK still waiting on the android 14 update for their z flip 5? Rest of my house on s23, s23 fe and a34(might be 54 lol) all have the newest update but I'm still waiting
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Updates are sent out in connection to phone eligibility and the phone's serial and build number @Lauramck711 so not to overstretch Samsungs servers. 

Either keep periodically checking the phone's software update section and or use Samsung Smartswitch. 

Hopefully you'll receive the update soon. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Lauramck711
Journeyman
Options
I had been fine waiting until I seen an article pop up on my Google news about the next 6.1(I think) update that they had seen for flip 5 and was wondering why I still didn't have the 6. Thanks!
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Lauramck711 

With regards to your Flip5 update or lack thereof, just a few questions:-

Where did you purchase your phone and which U.K. carrier are you with?

Also, as per @BandOfBrothers reply, you have attempted updating via the phone and Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch?

Could you post a screenshot of your Software information, (Settings > About phone > Software information), showing the current Build number and Service provider software version, (see screenshot below which is for the Fold5).

Z8i8CON.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Lauramck711
Journeyman
Options
Hi, I traded in direct with Samsung and I have a smarty sim card. I haven't tried tried Samsung pc suit. I'll give that a go. Have attached the screen shot, thanks for your help 👌1705486805551.jpg
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Lauramck711 

Thank you. Your Flip5, F731B, is on the last build for Android 13, AWJ2, and has an active CSC code of EUX for stock Samsung unbranded Europe firmware, to be expected in a phone direct from Samsung U.K.

To-date, this Model and CSC code has received 3 updates for Android 14, One UI 6.0. Update F731BXXU1BWK9 was the transition from Android 13 to 14 and was rolled out to U.K./European users at the end of November. Since then there have been a further 2 security updates for December 2023, (BWKI), and January 2024, (BWL7).

If for any reason, you are unable to update using the Samsung Smart Switch PC Suite, you can contact the Samsung experts 24/7 to help resolve the issue, here...

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Good luck!

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Lauramck711 

P.S. A long shot but you could try wiping your device's cache partition before attempting to check for an update. See...

Wipe Cache Partition, Repair apps & Galaxy App Booster

Lauramck711
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for your help, I'll give it all a try 👍
Davidc1983
Journeyman
Options
Connect to the smartswitch app on pc or laptop and it will search for the latest update available. Thats what i had to do on my partners flip 3
0 Likes
Lauramck711
Journeyman
Options
Thanks everyone, sorted 👍 have never used smart switch to update before, always happened automatically and ive had a Samsung since the s3 🤣 thanks again guys!