Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip 3 Screen Cracked along fold!!

(Topic created on: 01-12-2021 11:09 AM)
Reynolds88
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20211201-215556_Gallery.jpg

I was so stoked about my new Z 3 flip. Thought it was the best phone I've ever had!! Woke up one morning to the above. This is not a photo of my phone as I couldn't take a photo of it as I had no other cameras around. So it was quite easy to typing "Samsung Z Flip 3 Screen problems" and have countless pictures of my exact problem of my phone. Right down to the tinny cracks you can see on the screen. The phone is 28days old, I have tiny scuff mark up the top, from before I got my cover. Now Samsung are saying this is physical damage done by me. I swear on my children's lives I never dropped my phone!! That want charge me $410 and take $110 of as good will!! I would happily pay that if I had done the damage!! There is a major fault in my phone. Articles and pictures as soon as you type into Google. It's the exact damage I have on every photo. If the phone was dropped then how is countless people have dropped to cause the exact same damage. There is a fault in my phone and Samsung aren't taking responsibility!!

163 REPLIES 163
Members_fWhkvIg
First Poster
Options

I've had the same first my z3 9months old went down the middle now my z4 broke at the corner I'm so upset so much to get fixed 😞 my z4 broke yesterday 😞 x

0 Likes
Mousey1
First Poster
Options

Same here.

ZFlip 3, within Warranty.

Returned due to the same screen issue.

Phone has a few tiny missing bits of paint, never been dropped and Samsung say its been damaged, therefore voiding any warranty without further inspection.

I called their support numerous times and they just advised its their policy, any sign of damage to the outside means they won't look at it without a fee and the customer having to pay for the repair.  What a rip off company.

I admit that the phone was not in a protective case for the first few weeks but shared a pocket, inadvertently a few times with coins and keys, so a few skuffs are normal.  It then lived in a protective case until the inside screen cracked when closed a few weeks ago and now it looks like an oil spill/cloudy day along the inner center.

Samsung must be using some low quality protective paint/enamel to the outside of the phone for it to come off so easily.  To use this as reasoning not to support their own products, which in this case is a very known fault for this early tech is quite shameful .

20231011_131632_1.gif

Screenshot 2023-10-04 171016.png

Screenshot 2023-10-04 171045.png

0 Likes
MilesPoole
Apprentice
Options
It's time to get together and take this to court!
0 Likes
David P
First Poster
Options

I bought my Flip 3 in Sept 21. The first screen when black and blank in Jan 23. The Samsung store on Oxford St accused me of dropping the phone despite there being no damage to the phone. Eventually I managed to get Samsung customer service to replace the phone in Late Jan 23. The replacement phone is now stating to crack after 13 months. The faults clearly have not been rectified and Samsung are selling products that are not fit for purpose. It would good if Samsung actually stated their position are why their phones aren’t fit for purpose and what they intend to do about it, rather than ignoring the problem and putting their head in the sand. ! 
it is a shame because the basic product is very good but the quality is so poor.

please respond Samsung, this is your website ? 

0 Likes