Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip 3 Screen Cracked along fold!!

(Topic created on: 01-12-2021 11:09 AM)
Reynolds88
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20211201-215556_Gallery.jpg

I was so stoked about my new Z 3 flip. Thought it was the best phone I've ever had!! Woke up one morning to the above. This is not a photo of my phone as I couldn't take a photo of it as I had no other cameras around. So it was quite easy to typing "Samsung Z Flip 3 Screen problems" and have countless pictures of my exact problem of my phone. Right down to the tinny cracks you can see on the screen. The phone is 28days old, I have tiny scuff mark up the top, from before I got my cover. Now Samsung are saying this is physical damage done by me. I swear on my children's lives I never dropped my phone!! That want charge me $410 and take $110 of as good will!! I would happily pay that if I had done the damage!! There is a major fault in my phone. Articles and pictures as soon as you type into Google. It's the exact damage I have on every photo. If the phone was dropped then how is countless people have dropped to cause the exact same damage. There is a fault in my phone and Samsung aren't taking responsibility!!

163 REPLIES 163
Keith_b
First Poster
Options

Everyone with these screen issues must report them to Federal Trade Commission. You can do it online.  Samsung must be forced to fix these phones. 

Petequ
Explorer
Options

Help absolutely needed!! I NEVER give my opinions on any forum. Am shocked and disappointed that such a company could completely dimiss this issue . Had phone 2 months... used so lightly compared with other phones because a great phone... crack began for no aporent reason. Received repair centre verdict that pressure damage at 279 £ to repair.  This is ridiculous and it leaves such a bad taste that a so called quality item cld not last that long. Please call it our Samsung and admit there is an ISSUE when i do not accept the repair cost and take the phone back and show people just how bad the service is no matter how good they say it is ..  shame on samsung

Have been 8 year samsung user.. so disappointed.

What can i do to resolve pls

0 Likes
Petequ
Explorer
Options

Absolutely like you no way could have caused that damage annd totally shocked and that they could say its been damaged there has to be something that can be done

0 Likes
AngryCat
Student
Options

I have exactly the same issue. Just got off call with "customer service" and they're refusing to fix this because of external damage to the phone which apparently puts the phone out of warranty!!   I'm furious!! 

Also despite HUNDREDS of people reporting the same or similar issues. Samsung are refusing to acknowledge it as a known fault with the phone... how many people need to report this before it's recognised as an issue!? 

AngryCat
Student
Options

Samsung are literally finding ANY reason not to fix this issue. From minor scuffs to cracks. Any cosmetic damage is immediately being cited as "out of warranty" 

I'm furious 

oceanchic
First Poster
Options

This is so sad. I've had the same issue. Customer service told me to bring it in to uBreakiFix where they told me I damaged the screen at the fold myself so they wouldn't repair it under warranty. I did not drop or damage the device myself. The crack is right where the screen folds which should speak for itself. Spoke to customer service again and they said to trade it in. Then I receive the email that it's not eligible for a trade in and I'm being fully charged for my new phone. This is actual scam and fraud. I'm willing to join a class action lawsuit in usa if there is one. 

slacka
First Poster
Options

I had a positive experience with UBreakiFix.  They replaced the screen protector for free (see below).

Gmail - uBreakiFix by Asurion_Page_1.jpgGmail - uBreakiFix by Asurion_Page_2.jpgGmail - uBreakiFix by Asurion_Page_3.jpgGmail - uBreakiFix by Asurion_Page_4.jpg

0 Likes
Petequ
Explorer
Options

Totally agree so frustrated that they treat us like we caused the damage its an insult. Like you never even close to damaging it . Like many other geniune issues not even a reply from samsung . You can only hope with so many out there experiencing this there must be a response

0 Likes
Petequ
Explorer
Options

Thanks for info will take a look. Am not even going to pay 1 pound for fixing any repair thats cause by this faulty phone. Although appreciate response

0 Likes
SID59
Pioneer
Options

I am facing the same issue..I am from India..Has the escalation worked? or they charge fees for changing?

0 Likes