Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Flip 3 Screen Cracked along fold!!

(Topic created on: 08-03-2022 04:51 PM)
Reynolds88
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20211201-215556_Gallery.jpg

I was so stoked about my new Z 3 flip. Thought it was the best phone I've ever had!! Woke up one morning to the above. This is not a photo of my phone as I couldn't take a photo of it as I had no other cameras around. So it was quite easy to typing "Samsung Z Flip 3 Screen problems" and have countless pictures of my exact problem of my phone. Right down to the tinny cracks you can see on the screen. The phone is 28days old, I have tiny scuff mark up the top, from before I got my cover. Now Samsung are saying this is physical damage done by me. I swear on my children's lives I never dropped my phone!! That want charge me $410 and take $110 of as good will!! I would happily pay that if I had done the damage!! There is a major fault in my phone. Articles and pictures as soon as you type into Google. It's the exact damage I have on every photo. If the phone was dropped then how is countless people have dropped to cause the exact same damage. There is a fault in my phone and Samsung aren't taking responsibility!!

163 REPLIES 163
julesv99
Journeyman
Options

I too had to pay for the repair out of pocket. That or just hold on to this $1000 paperweight with no replacement. They really want to force you into the payment by repeatedly threatening to mail the broken phone back unpaired (which they did!) and making you to start the whole repair process over again while you try to escalate your case higher up. It's a bad faith money racket on a faulty product and their poor outsourced customer service makes it all possible.

It is clear they are not going to honor the warranty in any way possible. The only way now is for users to band together and take them to court. Good news is if you paid for the repair out of pocket you can now seek damages

slacka
First Poster
Options

What is "the tribunal" and how do we take issues to this organization?

0 Likes
Karobie89
First Poster
Options

This is what my fold looks like and I inly got it in September 2021. So devastated I've never dropped it it seems to be a phone fault I hope Samsung keep to thier word of a free screen replacement, my screen isn't black or anything but the crease is popping up like the picture to this post.

stinkysox
Journeyman
Options

I got the same problem. And  Samsung said that I broke it. The best is to contact as many famous tech youtubers as you can... else you will have to pay...

I already did, but to get noticed, we need more people contacting them.

stinkysox
Journeyman
Options

I got exactly same problem. And  Samsung said that I broke it. The best is to contact as many famous tech youtubers as you can... else you will have to pay...

I already did, but to get noticed, we need more people contacting them.

0 Likes
Destronic
Journeyman
Options

Man I wish I would have read this before buying the Z flip3, I was so yped about that phone, I should've wait, now I'm stuck whit a cracked screen that looks horrible when you are looking at something on your phone

julesv99
Journeyman
Options

I'd like to provide an update... I was forced to pay out of pocket for the repair ($379) and escalated complaints to both the Better Business Bureau and Samsung service.

The BBB contacted me several times and and offered to enter arbitration on my behalf now because Samsung will respond that nothing is wrong.

Samsung has done absolutely nothing and continues to call me, email me, and ask me wait on hold then tell me about how sorry they are. This is nearly 3 months later they are still doing this hoping I drop my complaint!

To those holding out hope that Samsung will do the right thing and honor the warranty on their defective product... DON'T

Best advice would for everyone to also go to the Better Business Bureau and file a specific complaint against this issue. You should also seek other users in your locale to join a class action lawsuit.

It is clear they are never going to honor any of these warranty repairs. 

Here is the BBB page you can start a case by clicking "file a complaint"

https://www.bbb.org/us/nj/ridgefield-pk/profile/wholesale-electronic-supplies/samsung-electronics-am...

Roadflack
First Poster
Options

I've had mine since September and it started cracking on the seem in February. I tried ATT customer service, got total run around for more than an hour. When I finally got someone was told it was normal wear which clearly it is not. Very frustrating. Starting in with Samsung tomorrow. Absolutely loved this little phone until this happened. Buyer Beware. WOULD NOT BUY AGAIN.

planetmike
Explorer
Options

This is a manufacturing defect and these phones should be recalled. Here is a photo of my Z-Flip. As you can see there are two small cracks, about 4mm each. My guess is these will migrate and expand across the hinge with time. Speaking with Samsung Support and their affiliated local shops in the States, these screens are color specific (since they replace the back shell when replacing the front screen) and the black ones are on back-order. Generally speaking, the customer service is awful. Rather than a one-stop-shop concept where Samsung would coordinate the entire repair for you, here they want you to call each shop individually. This can only enrage their customers further!!!....

20220307_072942.jpg

Malmarho
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I have the same issue. I just got the service center replay with the same not covered pay for it your self answer. Any tips on what to do next? Should i exchange the screen? i preordered it so i had it since November 

0 Likes