Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi switching off itself

(Topic created on: 19-05-2023 01:48 AM)
Flookyk
Explorer
Options

Has anyone else had problems with their Zfold 3 or other samsung phones since the 1st July Security Update?

Once this was installed my Zfold 3 has been switching off the Wifi itself, sometimes when I had been using it and other times once I closed it and the screen switched off.

I even tried to do a factory reset on it and it still did the same, even as far as it would not then switch the wifi back on at all.

I sent it away to get repaired but Samsung Care returened it yesterday saying they could find nothing wrong so I restored the data/ apps to it and it has started happening again, both in normal mode and in Safe Mode.

47 REPLIES 47
Mary444
Explorer
Options

Any other suggestions to rectify this DEFECT?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Mary444: If you would like to reach out to the Support Team in your region, then please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and reach out via your preferred contact method, and an advisor will be able to assist you further. 

0 Likes
Mary444
Explorer
Options

Thanks @AnrewL , but not an option.  We have reached out to Samsung several times.  Wherever these calls are routed, the robots can barely speak English.  Worse yet, when you are actually able to communicate, they act like they have never heard of the wifi issue and walk you through a series of worthless, robotic troubleshooting steps.   Clearly and despite the known ZFold3 WIFI DEFECT, Samsung refuses to be accountable for this DEFECT unless your device is on FIRE.  #deadbeatsamsungzfold  

0 Likes
Flookyk
Explorer
Options
I searched for the CEO of Samsung in the UK and wrote to them marking the envelope "Private and Confidential" explaining what exactly had happened and it being to their repair service 3 times and still not working.
Looking at that information now the current MD is Hadrian Baumann and the CEO is Jong Hee Han and address is Samsung House, 2000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0RS
0 Likes
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

I think that everyone that has this issue should just boycott Samsung. Obviously, they don't give a ***** about us (because we've tried to have the issue resolved). So, I for one am 100% giving up on my loyalty to their products as the quality of them is obviously an illusion (and if not the products, the customer service sure is). If they're not going to have any respect for us, I'm not upgrading to get a new phone. I'll switch to LG or something.

0 Likes
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

I for one am only here after trying to battle customer service to no avail. I'm sorry, but your suggestion seriously sounds like a joke. What's the alternative is the system is broken, other than trying to email the CEOs? Maybe I should call CNN and have them do a story on it. Maybe then Samsung will care.

0 Likes
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

@AndrewL Isn't here another mod that can log on to actually assist us? Maybe a supervisor? I mean, I could hunt the threads on this community website for mod usernames and @ you ALL in one big comment, too, to get everyone in on it. However, it would be much easier for everyone if you could get us someone with rank. If you don't respond by tonight or tomorrow morning, hunting the forums for mod tags will be tomorrow's project.

0 Likes
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

Also, a random survey popped up. I just wanted to let you know that due to both this problem and your inaction, I put marked my experience with Samsung and likeliness to refer my friends and family at 0's, and in the comments, I mentioned that @AndrewL was the mod I was talking to on the community page only after going round and round with customer service, and I still wasn't able to get any help. If my phone is not repaired or replaced by Samsung, I'm switching to LG. Hell, I'd rather deal with Motorola or any other cheap but well-known brand over purchasing Samsung again EVER. That includes OTHER electronics, too, now that corporate is a bunch of sleezebags like the ones who run the Apple company. I mean, they HAVE to be to let this go on. I know we can't be the only ones complaining about it. Also, it doesn't help when technical support and customer service is based out of the Phillapines. Their English is usually crisp; the problem is them understanding what we're saying in its entirety or them being exposed to enough technology for them to believe that we know what we're talking about, that this is NOT our fault, before telling us to pay for it to be repaired on our own. If I'm explaining something complicated like this, I have to speak slowly like I'm teaching someone something new for the first time, like I'm talking to a child or an elderly grandparent. Then again, I actually did some technical support for Great Call and their phones. So, I know how to do basic troubleshooting, and that's all they could help me with before telling me to get a technician out of pocket. I would like to re-remind you that my warranty ran out like 10 days before this update, and IMMEDIATELY after the phone turned back on from this update is when the WIFI chip burned out. This is bullshit. It's not our fault that Samsung CHOSE to upgrade the phones past the capabilities of the hardware they put into the "older" phones.

0 Likes
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

@CarlH Can YOU help me with this problem? Because as of yet, @AndrewL has yet to be able to resolve this issue since I first see it reported in 2022 here: Samsung s21 5g turn on wifi automatically is greyed out and not working - Samsung Community. Then, there's this thread, and the issue still keeps occurring. It's a critical error, and customer service has no idea about it. I've just started going digging for the issue and collecting Moderator tags so I can get EVERYONE in on the problem since no one wants to help me. This is my last ditch effort to resolve the problem before I open up a lawsuit. So, I'm hoping that if I get enough people in on the issue, the company as a whole might take notice. If this does not get resolved and I open one up, I'm going to contact CNN, Fox, MSNBC, ABC, and whoever else I can find to run the story to get the lawsuit noticed.

0 Likes
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

@AntS Maybe you can help with this issue, too?

0 Likes