Pioneer
Options
The WiFi won't turn on. I am do not want to factory reset my fold
Any solutions?
18 REPLIES 18
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
You could try a soft reset of your network connections. This only affects the network connections but it will lose any saved passwords
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Or simple turn your phone Off and On.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
Kenso62
Pioneer
Options
I've tried all that and nothing worked. I even had a Samsung Tech on smart tutor and couldn't solve the problem. And all this just started today.
0 Likes
TechZilla
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you got airplane mode switched on by accident?
TechZilla - Samsung Members Star
0 Likes
Kenso62
Pioneer
Options
WiFi button won't just activate. It is not in flight mode as data is working perfectly fine
0 Likes
JoeD2
First Poster
Options

I have exact same issue. Wifi won't turn on. Can't run diagnostics on wifi because you have to turn wifi on before you run it

0 Likes
Kenso62
Pioneer
Options

I ended up sending mine in for repairs and the next thing I was being asked to pay for screen damage repairs which I refused as my screen was perfect when I sent the phone in. However, I have since received an email saying that 'they are waiting for spares' to repair the issue. I have now been without my phone for a week!!

0 Likes
johnny35
Journeyman
Options

This issue has been happening to people for a year. 

Here is the z fold 3 thread: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-z-fold-z-flip/fold-3-wifi-not-turning-on/td-p/6368540/pag...

Here is a more recent thread for z fold 4: 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-z-fold-z-flip/fold-4-wifi-not-turning-on/td-p/7525690/pag...

I can't believe they haven't resolved the issue. Was looking forward to z fold 5 but might have to chose a different phone now. 

0 Likes
Kenso62
Pioneer
Options
My phone was returned unrepaired because of a 'damaged' screen. This sucks
0 Likes