Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Calling doesn't work

(Topic created on: 16-02-2024 09:35 AM)
iMikes
Explorer
Options
I can't use WiFi calling! PLEASE HELP!

I have a z flip 3, my wife has an S22 ultra. Both of us have WiFi calling enabled, but no matter what we do, it calls through the network and not WiFi. We live in an area with very poor network so the line is always bad. We need WiFi calling to work. 

My work around used to be to turn on Flight mode and then turn on WiFi, and this would automatically prioritise WiFi calling. But in a recent update, samsung have removed this ability. So now when you turn on flight mode and WiFi, if you try to make a call, you get a message telling you that flight mode must be turned off first. This wasn't a problem in the past but now we're screwed. What do we do? 
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
iMikes
Explorer
Options
Yes, I can't find this on my wife's phone
0 Likes
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
Oh sorry, all I can say is that my wife has the flip but shes on Pay as you Go so she doesn't have the option either. Wi-Fi calling is just not available for her on her 02 contract
0 Likes
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
Yeah I've just checked her phone and Wi-Fi Calling doesn't appear in the settings
0 Likes
iMikes
Explorer
Options
Try asking her to say "hey google" and say "enable/open WiFi calling".

This was how I found the preferences of my z flip 3. That's if she has Google voice set up already
0 Likes
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
Because Shes not a heavy phone user, shes on Pay-as-you-Go and that feature is not available on that contract so its just not showing up on the Settings listing
0 Likes
iMikes
Explorer
Options
Mine doesn't show up in settings either but I still found that little work around, so who knows
0 Likes
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
Ha Ok, i will give that a try. But my Mrs is just not into tech, I dont even think Heh Google is switched on. But I'll have a play. If I said Heh Google in our house too loud two Google home speakers would start backchatting telling me they don't understand lol Haha.
0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
My wife has this set up on her s23 ultra but there's loads of interference on the callers end , she can hear them fine but we can't hear her ?
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Members_evERoWM
First Poster
Options

This has been getting me down for weeks and I have googled it many times. Asking Google to open the settings is the only thing that has worked for me at all. Very much appreciate this post. Incidentally this is the only time I've posted on a forum but it's helped me so much I had to thank you.

0 Likes
Hello24
First Poster
Options

Hello iMikes, I have the same issue with my s23 and came across your problem, just wondering if you ever found a solution for your Samsung s22? Thanks so much.

0 Likes